We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few different questions.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
A few different questions.

Hello

Well I have been scouring TA for months now and only have 9 days until my trip. I have a few questions about things that I hope some of you can help with.

1 - I am flying with Virgin and am wondering if they give you blankets on the plane or do I need to take my own?

2 - I believe you can buy Vodka Cruisers in Bali. Where can I get them from and roughly how much are they? I can't decide whether it's worth taking duty free or whether to just buy cruisers or bintangs once there. I am staying in Legian.

3 - In what area is Biku Tea House and do I need to book if I would like to have my tea leaves read?

4 - Can I get a taxi from the Rock Bar easily enough or do I need to book a driver?

Thanking you all in advance for your help

Cheers Brooke

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few different questions.

1. They will have blankets but ask early if they are not on the seats so you don't miss out incase there isnt one for every seat

2. Yes - any supermarket - but cannot tell you how much, I would say expensive

3. Biku is in Seminyak and yes book as the extras like clairvoyants do book out

4. Yes you can get a Taxi from the Rock Bar - although you may find that your driver who takes your there (taxi or transport boy) will offer to wait and return for you for a set price

Have a wonderful trip

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,734 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few different questions.

1. There were no blankets on our return flight and that is when it gets cold.

2. Yes the supermarket stock Cruisers,i am not sure of the price.I usually have one or two at one of the little beach bars on the beach,they would be cheaper than the supermarket.

3. Yes book especially if you want a reading.

4. You can get a taxi from the resort which is where you are dropped off to get to the rock bar,i would ring ahead and make sure it is not closed off for a private function.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few different questions.

Biku, Jl Petitenget No 888, Kerobokan Kelod

Taxi from Legian(Kumala Pantai/Jayakarta Hotel area) 23,000rup round it up to 25,000rup.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,629 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few different questions.

On Virgin flights you have to pay to hire a blanket. We take a light weight one in our carry-on as it does get cold.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few different questions.

take your own duty free, much cheaper, Any imported alcohol in Bali is NOT cheap. mixers are cheap though and a litre of duty free goes a long way.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few different questions.

No blankets on virgin flights from Brisbane - I bring a shawl and use it on the plane.

Might be a better idea to buy a bottle of vodka and get your mixers in Bali - cheaper and less hassle.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few different questions.

I too take a wrap to keep me warm on the plane, as then I can sleep.

Cruisers are about $2.50 Aus at the little supermarkets, so should be cheaper in bulk from the larger ones. I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few different questions.

Thank you all so much for your help. There is some very valuable info there and I shall print it out to take with me. Thanks for taking the time to help out.

:0)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A few different questions.

Hate to be a joy kill but I was in sanur 3 weeks ago and could not find voda cruiser anywhere! Checked every little store including Hardies

last year they were everywhere for about 2200rp also could not find solo lemon mix to put with bought bottle of vodka Very disappointing

Edited: 02 May 2012, 08:17
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A few different questions.

I think the Vodka pre mixed bottled drinks that are everywhere, including beach bars are called Mix Max.

Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations