We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali to Queensland shipping containers

Gladstone, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bali to Queensland shipping containers

Has anyone had a good experience shipping a container from bali to Queensland? Could you give me contacts of any agents you recommend please:) Also what are the costs once it gets to Australia?

Sydney
Level Contributor
801 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali to Queensland shipping containers

My sister in law has a friend that has just shipped a water feature. It cost her over $800 which was much more expensive than Sydney. they both just used the company recommended by the place they bought the features. I can find out exact details if needed

Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali to Queensland shipping containers

these guys offer freight to Sunshine coast

http://www.bagusproducts.com.au/search.php

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali to Queensland shipping containers

DO NOT use a shipping agent that some one you trust hasn't recommended. This industry isn't controlled or licenced in any way in Indonesia so anyone can set themselves up as a shipping agent. Many, many people have been caught out by this in the past by just trusting that their goods (that they have paid for in full) will just arrive.

I import approx 2 containers a year from Indonesia and have a wonderful shipping agent who I trust implicitly.

But to be honest it really isn't a viable operation unless you plan on filling and shipping a full container. Part container loads works out expensive and troublesome.

The cost of a 20 foot container inc shipping, insurance, packing and normal fumigation will vary depending on the time of year but budget $5,000 to $6,000 for this. This does not include the contents and if you buy timber or natural products add the cost of the special fumigation that will be needed.

When the container reaches Australia work on a figure of about $3,000 to pay for your shipping agent at this end, which you will require, customs clearance and other expenses. The duties and taxes will be worked out on the cost price of container contents. But by far the biggest expense will be the freight of the container at this end.

If all this doesn't scare you off, let me know and I will PM you with the details of my shipping agent.

If you do decide to go ahead with it let me or Snookytraveltips know and we can fill you in on the do's and dont's. There are some simple steps you can take to protect yourself from being ripped off. This process is actually very easy, but there are a lot of pitfalls for the unwary and it's very easy for the process to become a nightmare if you aren't prepared beforehand.

Mentioned in this post
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali to Queensland shipping containers

Hello whinnie.

Can you please send me your agents details? I am going on buying trip to Bali soon and want to import leather handbags, some homewares and furniture into NZ. Can your agent help?

Please PM me?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali to Queensland shipping containers

Hello whinnie.

Can you please send me your agents details? I am going on buying trip to Bali soon and want to import leather handbags, some homewares and furniture into NZ. Can your agent help?

Please PM me?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali to Queensland shipping containers

Whinnie, what about sending individual items back that are large and heavy that you might really love to buy but can't bring them back in your luggage? Is it an expensive option and maybe better to just look in Aus for them. Sometimes you fall in love with something you have never seen at home and want to bring it home!? I've previously had a business importing clothing from Bali which was a reasonably easy process but never tried to send something like a stone item but have wondered if it would easy or worth it?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali to Queensland shipping containers

Pipwinnie I've sent you a message with the details.

Darceeboy,shipping single items or part loads works out expensive in my experience and really isn't worth the trouble.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali to Queensland shipping containers

Hi Whinnie,

I am planning to ship from Sydney to Jakarta. Does your agent handle things from Sydney to Jakarta, or do you have an agent that you trust here in Australia that can ship to Jakarta from Sydney?

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali to Queensland shipping containers

Hi Winnie have just sent you a pm

hope you have received! Any info would be great