We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

We are a family with 2 adults and 4 kids and are trying to decide between the Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja we will need 2 or 3 rooms one for us and one for the kids.

Can anyone tell me which would be better the kids are 16, 13, 12, and 9.

Or any other hotels?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

bump

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

Not sure about the Kumala Pantai but I stayed at Puri Raja with a friend 12 months ago in a ground floor room. it was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in,hardly room for us let alone our suitcases.I also prefer something with a little more character .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

The puri raja have very small rooms. We are a family of four going on Saturday and we are staying in a deluxe family loft room at the legian beach hotel. I have also stayed in the melasti which was budget but awesome massive room.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

The Kumala Pantai is better. I also think the Jayakarta is perfect for kids and teens. Much more space and choice of pools.

australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

I have stayed in all three hotels. I would go Jayakarta first, KP second with kids.

I would suggest a 2 or 3 bedroom "Private" apartment. ?Have a look at Puketoki or Sejuk suites.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

Hi Aussiemumma. I am staying at the Kamala Pantai in September with my husband and two children (age 11 and 15) this will be our first time in the Legian area ( we have booked two interconnecting rooms). I am a little worried about the Puri Raja room size comments myself as we are actually booked to stay in two rooms here in January for a week. During this trip my mum wil also be coming so we have booked two rooms and my son will be in an extra bed in our room. Has anyone stayed there with three in a room? I am now concerned that perhaps I have chosen the wrong accomodation. I know we won't be in our room a lot and love the location of Puri Raja. But also don't want to be uncomfortable and cramped for the 7 days we are there. Hope you find somewhere just perfect for your family Aussiemumma. So many choices!

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

love puri raja, rooms are a little small but we had a single bed in our room with a double last year, still had enough room, have stayed at both and would choose puri raja over k/p anyday. traci

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

I have stayed at both, once at Puri Raja and we have just come back from our 4th stay at Kumala Pantai and I really enjoyed our stay again. The rooms are a great size, the location is perfect, you have everything outside your door at both beach and road side entries. If you don't feeling like going far, Kumala Pantai has good restaurants next door and the hotel restaurant, which is Italian is really good too.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

Thanks Traci I feel better with my decision now. Did you just have the standard room or the deluxe?How comfortable was the single bed? ( I imagne it ill just be a fold-up) Don't want my son whinging for 7 nights.

Thanks again.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kumala Pantai or the Puri Raja

Hey there, I went to Bali in 2010 with my daughter and some friends and they stayed at the puri raja in a bottom floor room which housed the three of them. They were like sardines in a tin squashed in. My daughter and I stayed next door at the melasti and could have had the lot of us in our room with heaps of space leftover. They were very disappointed, they had a room upstairs and asked to move downstairs to find it worse. As I posted before we are staying this time at the legian in a loft room but the melasti is cheaper and just as good. Our family of six would not fit in the puri raja and I'm not prepared to pay for interconnecting rooms when you can get a loft room for larger families.

Donna

Get answers to your questions about Legian