We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legian Beach or Mandira?

S B
Perth
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Legian Beach or Mandira?

I am returning to Bali in September 2012, while I have visited Bali many times and stayed in Legian many times I want to try a different hotel, somewhere a bit more up market.. I am trying to decide between the Legian Beach Hotel or the Mandira Resort? Would love some feedback as they both look great, and all the reviews are making me more indecisive!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legian Beach or Mandira?

Hi i would choose the Mandira over Legian Beach as i think the renovations are still going on at the Legian Beach.

They are both very similar hotels both being beach front however the Mandira is smaller and has an adult only pool.

Both hotels are in an excellent location.

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Legian Beach or Mandira?

The Mandira has beautiful grounds and the location, pools and facilities are excellent but the rooms are very small and crowded for the price.

Australind
Level Contributor
462 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legian Beach or Mandira?

Stayed at Mandira in January with a girlfriend whilst three of our girlfriends stayed at the Legian. We all agreed the Mandira was the nicer hotel. Bigger rooms and better service.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legian Beach or Mandira?

I have stayed at both and would choose the Mandira over Legian beach.

I just think its a notch or two higher.

Depends what rooms you stay in. My room at the legian beach hotel was bigger than the Mandira.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
544 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legian Beach or Mandira?

I agree with the above posts. Mandira would be my choice. Stayed there last year and loved it.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legian Beach or Mandira?

i have stayed at the mandira twice and my daughter got married in the garden with the sunset in the back ground. couldnt fault the service.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Legian Beach or Mandira?

We have stayed at the Mandira many times over many years but more lately at the Padma (over the road) I believe the rooms and grounds are better at the Padma

8. Re: Legian Beach or Mandira?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 05:17