We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jl padma utara to beach path

perth
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
jl padma utara to beach path

What would be the best way fron jl padma utara to beach path.

Shall be staying at the sinar,i know there is a narrow lane down the side of the niksoma,but afraid to use it having read about recent muggings.The hotels are not keen for people to walk through their grounds,which i can understand not great for security.

Can anyone suggest a safer way or should i just rely on taxis.

Somewhat regret booking a hotel in that area.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jl padma utara to beach path

You can easily cut through the Puri Raja, you don't even have to walk through reception, there is a path to the right of the reception building and no one has ever questioned us quietly walking through.

Edited: 19 July 2012, 08:48
Melbourne
Level Contributor
859 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jl padma utara to beach path

i have cut through jayakarta many times when not staying there. i think the big resorts are fine with it so long as you look like a tourist....

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jl padma utara to beach path

We walked down the lane past the Maharta that comes out into the Niksoma during day time only, however we cut through the Sari Beach Hotel one evening and then walked down the narrow lane between the Puri Raja and the Melasti (I think) and it was pretty dark.

I would probably cut through a hotel at night, but no problems walking through during the day.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jl padma utara to beach path

The walkway down past Niksoma is a well lit area i would cut through here and thereis security at either end,no problems.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jl padma utara to beach path

Rankojo - and others - did I miss something....why would you regret booking a hotel in this area? Or do you mean because you don't have direct beach access?

perth
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: jl padma utara to beach path

Hi Tanya,

No not because it does not have direct beach access.I was hoping to find an alternative way to the narrow lane down the side of Niksoma,which is scary.

I have been lurking on the Bali Travel Forum which is reporting muggings on Jl Padma Utara,Mainly by lady/boy types.Check posting by TnT 14 july 2012.

We find it nicer to walk down beach path to Padma or Melasti st and easier.

Thanks to all replies.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jl padma utara to beach path

Thanks for the clarification rankojo - I obviously missed news of the muggings! Hope all goes well for you during your stay - the Sinar looks like a nice, reasonably priced option:)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: jl padma utara to beach path

Mugging's !!!! Really ? I live in this area, Padma Timur actually and have heard nothing about these going's on, I am also a single female and quite often walk home alone from a long nite out. from the nite life in Legian , I have never been harassed ( only by TRANSPORT MISS) cabbies , Is there a link you can provide so i am able to read up on this, I can ask my local's in the street but they probably no nothing either, otherwise i would have been told hati hati ...

9. Re: jl padma utara to beach path

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Legian