We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best of Legian?

Wuhan, China
Level Contributor
34 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Best of Legian?

Two more weeks until my first trip to Bali! I am staying at the Padma Resort Bali at Legian. I want to know what the "Best (fill in the blank) in Legian" is located. Criteria-it must be within walking distance (20 minutes or less) from the hotel, must be reasonably priced, must be mostly sanitary, and must be family friendly (except for the spa).

Best restaurant (casual) for lunch

Best restaurant (casual) for dinner

Best restaurant (fancy-ish) for dinner

Best place to get a massage

Best place to get a pedicure

Best cocktail

Best place to buy "authentic" Balinese souvenirs

Best place to buy cotton dresses or fabric

Best place to go to the beach (what is it near)

Thanks!

UP2U Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Windy Sun Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Parto Bali Driver
River Rafting & Tubing, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best of Legian?

Impossible to answer.

We all have favourites but none of us can say which is best unless we have tried all.Can I suggest you do a search on our TOP QUESTIONS about Bali. There are some excellent lists there that should assist you in making decisions.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best of Legian?

You are staying in a great resort in a brilliant location everything you could want is at your door step.

Go onto the Legian restaurant guide and that will help you decide,there are so many lovely places.

I like Mozzarella by the sea for casual dining being lunch or dinner.

La Lucciolla for a more expensive meal.

There are many market stalls just outside the Padma where you can stroll around and find all your souvenirs,and cotton dresses.

Have a great holiday.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best of Legian?

I can tell you a couple of my faves. I stayed at the Padma in May and really liked Santai Spa for massages etc. They are a bit nicer than regular salons and still cheap. Sometimes you need to book so check them out first. They are on Jl Utara (the street behind the Padma). My favourite nearby restaurant is Hitana. It is along the beachfront, out the front of the Niksoma Hotel. They are family friendly, stylish, reasonably priced (compared to Aussie standards) and the food is yummo!!! They also have yummy 2 for 1 cocktails (so do the Padma during happy hour).

There are so many restaurants along the beachfront, you will be spoilt for choice.

Goodluck with the rest and have a fantastic holiday.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
859 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best of Legian?

seaside great for lunch or dinner

beach out the front of Jayakarta is lovley. Rent a beach chair, buy a drink and get a manicure or pedicure from Sandra and a massage from Putu (wears a big hat that says number 10).

Briella spa is great for spa treatments and massages

shopping for cotton dresses at miss debbies fixed price store (in garlic lane, down little gang next to dolphin leather)

warung murah on double 6 for cheap indo lunches and dinners

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best of Legian?

And you can try Pearl in Jalan Double Six for your fancy-ish dinner.

Clifton Springs...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best of Legian?

ahh, number 10, grumpy old thing :)

Clifton Springs...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best of Legian?

Best restaurant (casual) for dinner - Mozz by the sea/hitana are amazing along the beach, great views, decent food, great atmosphere

Best place to go to the beach (what is it near) out the front of the jayakarta is "busy" with locals and tourists, but friendly sellers and bar owners (franks bar!!)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best of Legian?

1. Tekor on the beach path up towards JL Double Six

2. Hitana on the beach path in front of Nikosoma

3. La Lucciola, Metis or Sardine

4. Santai Spa at the back of the Padma on JL Padma Utara

5. Carla Spa further down on JL Padma Utara

6. La Planca on the beach or any of the bean bag bars

7. Genieva in Seminyak on Sunset Rd

8. All along JL Seminyak, too many boutiques to list

9. Padang Padang which will require a car and driver.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
859 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best of Legian?

cocoon on the beach walk is lovely for cocktails or you fancy dinner. Has a swimming pool so the kids can amuse themsemves. Not cheap but great view and atmosphere...

Edited: 13 September 2012, 22:15
Melbourne
Level Contributor
859 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best of Legian?

Ben... How funny is number 10. She is bossy and grumpy but for a beach massage is perfect... She even sandpapered my husbands feet when he fell alseep!

Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations