We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Bali Orphanage????

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Which Bali Orphanage????

When we are next n Bali we will be taking Toys , Clothes, Laptops to donate. We don't want to contribute to a large bali orphanage that is patronised by westerner's, but rather a smaller orphanage that would appreciate what we have to give. Any Idea's?

2 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Which Bali Orphanage????

Hi

My name is Adrian Aiello and I am the recent Founder and Chairman of Caring For Bali Kids (CFBK) a registered Australian charity organization assisting orphans in Bali, Indonesia.

If you wish to verify our legitimacy you may do so by visiting www.acnc.gov.au and searching for our ABN 69 311 474 543

Our mission is to provide orphaned children improved living conditions and a better chance of employment through education and exposure to various life experiences.

You will find all details at www.cfbk.org and www.facebook.com/caringforbalikids.

How it all started... My wife and I have been visitors of Bali for a long time now, we have been frequently over the past 7 years. It is our home away from home. We have a real love for the country along with the amazing people and children. We have been helping the children for some time now, in small ways, taking them shopping and buying some necessities if they were in need.

It was recently that we felt we had the dedication to start something that could have a huge impact one day, and so we became the founders of CFBK.

We really hope and believe that the success and support we have had so far can spiral into something truly amazing.

We are hosting our first fundraiser gala event in March 2014 in Melbourne, please go to www.trybooking.com/71124 for the online invitation and booking system. It would be a huge help if you were able to spread the word within your network of people and encourage them to join us on the night.

If you would like details on how to assist an orphanage or donate, feel free to email us at info@cfbk.org

Thanks,

Adrian.

Edited: 07 January 2014, 12:00
2 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Which Bali Orphanage????

Hi

My name is Adrian Aiello and I am the recent Founder and Chairman of Caring For Bali Kids (CFBK) a registered Australian charity organization assisting orphans in Bali, Indonesia.

If you wish to verify our legitimacy you may do so by visiting www.acnc.gov.au and searching for our ABN 69 311 474 543

Our mission is to provide orphaned children improved living conditions and a better chance of employment through education and exposure to various life experiences.

You will find all details at www.cfbk.org and www.facebook.com/caringforbalikids.

How it all started... My wife and I have been visitors of Bali for a long time now, we have been frequently over the past 7 years. It is our home away from home. We have a real love for the country along with the amazing people and children. We have been helping the children for some time now, in small ways, taking them shopping and buying some necessities if they were in need.

It was recently that we felt we had the dedication to start something that could have a huge impact one day, and so we became the founders of CFBK.

We really hope and believe that the success and support we have had so far can spiral into something truly amazing.

We are hosting our first fundraiser gala event in March 2014 in Melbourne, please go to www.trybooking.com/71124 for the online invitation and booking system. It would be a huge help if you were able to spread the word within your network of people and encourage them to join us on the night.

If you would like details on how to assist an orphanage or donate, feel free to email us at info@cfbk.org

Thanks,

Adrian.

Edited: 07 January 2014, 12:02
Glenelg, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Which Bali Orphanage????

Hi I was also interest in doing this. A quick google search & this is what I came across!!

baliadvertiser.biz/articles/…orphanage.html

Brent has his to say about the following orphanages, “When their kids are sick they seek medical attention from Bali Kids or others straight away. They embrace health education and do care about the kids under their care. These orphanages are always in reasonable condition or always improving.”

* Sidhi Astu (Franciscan) at Tuka

* Maria Goretti at Palasari(Catholic)

* Miftahul in Singaraja (Muslim),

* Salam Orphanage in Tabanan

* Jody O’Shea in Denpasar

* Salvation Army Girls in Denpasar,

* Elisma in Denpasar and Singaraja

The best way to help other orphanages is by donation in cash and kind to transparent and ethical organizations like Bali Kids www.balikids.org, the John Fawcett Foundation www.balieye.org, Bumi Sehat www.bumisehatbali.org and High 5 www.high5rehab.org. These organizations never give money to the facilities but provide services directly to the children.

44. Re: Which Bali Orphanage????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:07
australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Which Bali Orphanage????

Take your time and do your research. For many Western women (and it's almost always Western women who also almost invariably have a Balinese husband or boyfriend) a charity is the only permitted business that will give them the means to live in Bali. The last time I gave a very sizeable cash donation to what on the face of it seemed like a very worthy cause resulted in the Western woman who ran the charity and her Balinese man to jet off on a two-week holiday the day after. I no longer donate to charities run by Western women; instead, I have befriended a couple of needy Balinese family (one with a severely handicapped child) whom I support in a small but regular way.

46. Re: Which Bali Orphanage????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:07
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Which Bali Orphanage????

That's not good at all for you, sorry you had that experience. I can vouch for a few but know what you mean. Bali Children Foundation is run by an Australian lady. To answer your issue, you can always ask to see the books. What should you see? 1. Every single child's name. 2. Every single amount spent. 3. Reports for the government. There ARE bonefide charities here. I can name many. What you are doing is good as well, although not something I would always recommend. My brother gave money to a family and it was just going to feed the fat mother's waistline. Yours is different, they are clearly in need. Be cautious, but please don't not give to Yayasans, just because of this post. I do understand the author's concerns, but there are good charities here.

Portland, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Which Bali Orphanage????

Thank you for this information. I will be visiting Bali in December & was thinking of visiting the Jodie O'Shea Orphanage. This has confirmed that it is safe to do so.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
288 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Which Bali Orphanage????

Take a look at -

http://www.strongangels.asn.au

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Which Bali Orphanage????

I've read the messages below with great interest. I visited a couple of orphanages in May of this year. One very modern, superbly run and resourced. Another, run by a lovely Christian Indonesian lady with the voluntary help of her sister and cousin.

I had some leave so I offered to return to help out. 16 of the most gorgeous kids from 6 months up to 17. It's in the NE of Bali near Amlapura. Set in a rural setting we have some pigs and chickens for meat and eggs and a biogas system supplies cooking gas from the pig waste.

The visit has been a huge blessing to me personally. I've now been there for 4 months and in Australia now briefly and will return permanently next year. Resigned my position, sold the kids house and will be 'opah' or uncle full time.

We welcome visitors, especially if you can take on a project to assist. We desperately need a vehicle to transport children to school for example. We have an old Suzuki truck but the tailgate fell off onto the road and very fortunately no children were leaning on it at the time. Hinges completely rusted out.

At times I have to use a scooter to take kids to kindy or school. Sometimes 3 children at once. Hardly safe and have had one accident with one boy on board. He was not seriously hurt but I've had to return to Australia to have a problem with my arm treated after the accident.

If you would like to visit, you can contact me at neville_marks@hotmail.com

Get answers to your questions about Legian