We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legian Beach Hotel or O-CE-AN Outrigger

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Legian Beach Hotel or O-CE-AN Outrigger

Hi, can you help me make the choice, basically best value for money, location all the usual questions, thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or O-CE-AN Outrigger

I personally think the Outrigger is very sterile,if you read the reviews there are plenty stating just how hot the rooms get and their is very little privacy.

The Legian Beach Hotel is a traditional tranquil Balinese hotel in a good location.

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or O-CE-AN Outrigger

Walking past both hotels IMO the Legian Beach Hotel has a nicer beachfront area with daybeds & sun lounges facing the ocean. It is a more traditional Balinese styled hotel & the Outrigger is more modern in architecture. Both hotels have plenty of good restaurants close by, however I prefer the location of the Outrigger. They are both good choices for different reasons - sorry to not be of more help. Cheers Nelly

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or O-CE-AN Outrigger

I actually looked at both for my parents for their trip in two weeks before my mum settled on the Mandira (a return visit for them).

Outrigger turned out cheaper than Legian for what they wanted, but the preference was for Legian. It had more atmosphere and was around the area of Jl Legian and Jl. Padma meant it was right in the thick of things that they wanted.

Ultimately it depends on what you want out of a holiday, but I would choose the Legan Beach over Outrigger.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or O-CE-AN Outrigger

Thanks all , I think I will go for the modern Outrigger .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or O-CE-AN Outrigger

Legian Beach Hotel is lovely in a perfect location.

Interesting that you would choose the Outrigger when most of the posts receommend the LBH.

Hope you enjoy.

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or O-CE-AN Outrigger

I like the Outrigger. Its clean, newish and in a great location. The access to the pool is great and quite private as people mostly stick to their own areas. Its also well-priced compared to others and has a lot of different room options to pick from.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or O-CE-AN Outrigger

Thanks and yes chickchili, the price we got was too good to pass up, so I am pretty happy with my choice, I guess I wont know until we get there.

Will right a review when we return.

8. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or O-CE-AN Outrigger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 14:19