We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling alone in Bali

Oakland, California
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Traveling alone in Bali

Hi,

I'll be traveling alone to bali( staying in legian). Does anyone have any tips on safety( I'm a woman), places to eat, bars, massages, etc.? Thanks!! :) ill be in Legian for one week and Ubud one week. Also, has anyone taken a taxi from Legian to Ubud? If so what is the going rate and how safe is it for a woman traveling solo?

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,631 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Traveling alone in Bali

In Bali sometimes the best places to eat and drink are whatever looks good to you and is convenient to where you are at the time. Traffic can be frustrating as the roads are not well laid out like they are in California...so often there is a very good spa or bar or cafe right next to you that is not well known by the people on TA...and that you will find you love... If there is a special place you are really aching to try, then by all means go there, but again, do what is easy, do not worry that you are missing out...often the small undiscovered gem is actually better than a famous one that is overbooked or is living on it's reputation and not it's current service.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Traveling alone in Bali

In Ubud I love doing the rounds of the many places on Monkey Forest Rd that have live music in the evening...XL Bar, Laughing Buddha, Boom Boom Bar, Bamboo restaurant...just to name a few (also great food at these venues too!). Yes, I sit alone but don't seem to draw too much attention...can't wait to get back!

Edited: 12 March 2013, 10:50
13. Re: Traveling alone in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 May 2013, 15:35
14. Re: Traveling alone in Bali

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 May 2013, 15:35
Adelaide
Level Contributor
850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Traveling alone in Bali

I love Billy's must make me a bogan !! The staff are amazing I stayed at the losari down the road and went there many of times by myself the staff will sit down and chat with you and at night one if the staff would always walk or ride me home so bogan umm no safe yes

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Traveling alone in Bali

HI guys where is Billys?

stonie

Adelaide
Level Contributor
850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Traveling alone in Bali

Garlic lane :-) any taxi driver will know

18. Re: Traveling alone in Bali

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 13:48
Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Traveling alone in Bali

I am planning on traveling to Bali for the month of April. I am a 26 year old female and looking for some travel mates. Is anyone heading out that way?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Wailuku, Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Traveling alone in Bali

I am traveling alone in November please let me know about your trip…. mauidjenkins@aol.com I would love that!