We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas in Bali

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nambour, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas in Bali

Just wondering, what the weather is like over Xmas in Bali. Where's. good place to stay 2 adults and kids 10 and 12. Been to Bali twice, would like some updated info. Any info will be helpful

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas in Bali

That time of year is wet season.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,011 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas in Bali

It is the Wet or Monsoon season, but as one of a number on here, who regularly travel to Bali over this period of time, we have always found lots of sunshine, days without rain and have always enjoyed this time of year in Bali. Do expect humidity and as I say, rain at times.

Perhaps look at staying somewhere in the Tuban, which places you close to the beach, waterbom park, lots of great shopping, including markets, shopping centres and great restaurants.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas in Bali

Hi Linda!

Christmas is during what is referred to as "The Wet Season". That means hot steamy weather, with rain/thunderstorms. However, having been to Bali during the festive season almost every year since 1988, there have only been a few occasions where a fair bit of the holiday was wet!

There is likely to be more wet days the further north of Kuta you travel. The rain, when it does fall, is not cold, nor is it usually long lasting! Comes down in torrents, then dries up quickly! I would not let the prospect of some rain deter your planning a holiday!

I am sure you are aware, that the festive season is higher priced, very very busy between Christmas and New Year with domestic tourists as well as overseas visitors, and most hotels will have "compulsory" Christmas and/or New Year's Eve dinners, which are exhorbitantly priced!

If you are seriously considering going this Christmas, I suggest you book very soon, as Bali is so popular this time of the year.

What type of accommodation are you seeking? Somewhere in Kuta/Legian/Seminyak/Ubud? A location and price would help in suggesting places.

Nambour, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas in Bali

Thanks guys, wendybushellPerth, yes I expected it to be more expensive, wasn't sure about the weather. we've been twice at the beginning of November, actually went first time for schoolies for my son, who in the end was medically not allowed to go, so we went to schoolies for him. LOL. Have stayed at Hard Rock, and Bali Mandira. Both either fully booked or a bit too expensive. Haven't thought of where to stay really, just putting it out there. Need a Bali fix but might have to wait until a cheaper time. Bit hard with kids starting high school. Thanks for your input.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas in Bali

We are going in December for 7 weeks with 12 and 7 year old. We found accommodation is still cheap if you only want 3 star. We love Bali at Christmas busy lots going on we find it a great time for our children to learn the true meaning of Christmas we do t do presents the kids but for thier Bali friends and we take a few of our friends out for Christmas dinner Bali style!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas in Bali

hi Linda

we did Xmas last year in Bali. it was wonderful. weather great, only one day out of 2 weeks where it rained most of the day. it will be humid, and expect late afternoon/night downpour.

we stayed at Febris hotel in Tuban. wonderful place and caters well for families. email the hotel direct and ask for a great offer. family rooms are @$125 a night with b'fast for family of 4. Taxi to hotel is 50000rp @ $5 aussie. hotel offers free transfer to leave Bali.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xmas in Bali

I go each year for Christmas with my son. Yer sometime you get wet but generally I manage to have lunch then or a massage. I found in Sanur it was pretty predicable each day at about 2. You dry off quickly.

Dont be put of

Lisa

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xmas in Bali

We enjoyed Christmas in Bali last year. Spent 8 days in Seminyak and 8 days in Sanur (which included Christmas day). Yes, it is very humid!. However, we had a lot of sunshine and only a couple of big downpours. They seemed to occur in the mid afternoon and cleared within an hour. You really feel the humidity build up just prior to it. By then, you welcome the rain!

Whilst the accommodation was more expensive, we really didn't notice any difference in pricing or crowds (compared to previous visits). In fact, Sanur was pretty quiet.

Christmas in Bali was quite a unique experience. There are Christmas decorations in a lot of the shops and the resort we stayed at in Sanur had a choir singing Christmas carols on Christmas morning.

We were not forced to pay for any compulsory Christmas dinner. We had a great lunch at a local restaurant (Sky Blue BBG) run by a very entertaining English man. Christmas night we finished up on the beach let fireworks off in front of the resort. IT was a Christmas and our teens (and us) wont ever forget.

Plus, it was nice to get away from the usual Christmas at home - for a change.

9. Re: Xmas in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2013, 22:17
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
832 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xmas in Bali

Maybe just have a look at the Holiday Inn Baruna we have stayed there with the kids twice and going back again for the July 2014 school holidays.

We are also going for Xmas this year there are 13 of us we are meeting my sister and her family that now live in melbourne over there on the December 23rd to January 3rd .

We have got a villa in seminyak ,hopefully it will be good.

But my suggestion is if you really want to do xmas in Bali you need to think about it early we booked it all in February this year.The prices for flights have gone up by a third more than we payed.

Just a thought

Get answers to your questions about Legian