We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to grab supplies near Padma

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to grab supplies near Padma

Arrive at Padma next week (woo hoo!!!) late afternoon and will need to grab a few supplies for our 2 year old like bread, crackers, yoghurt, fruit etc as well as some beach/pool toys like bucket/spade and blow up pool toy. Can you suggest somewhere close to the Padma where I could get in the one shop or if there's nowhere close with both if I just grab the food from a 7/11 where can I get the toys from? Trying to plan ahead to make our first afternoon as relaxed as possible so making sure Master 2 is happy is first priority :o)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to grab supplies near Padma

Jump in a cab from the hotel and ask to be taken to Bintang Supermarket. You will find almost everything you need here. It is possible to walk but on your first day with a toddler I'm sure a long walk isn't on the agenda. ;)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to grab supplies near Padma

I think bintangin a taxi is the easiest and quickest too , they have a great pool toy section. Also the bakery / cafe at the entrance have nice bread , my kids loved the bagguettes !

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,526 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to grab supplies near Padma

and across the road is the best place to change money too. The BMC money changer next door to sip. Always busy and very reliable.

Sydney
Level Contributor
771 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to grab supplies near Padma

There are plenty of convenience stores close by to grab a few things to last the day Taxi to Bintang and back might be a bit much after the long trek from Melbourne. I would leave that until the next day

sydney
Level Contributor
323 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to grab supplies near Padma

What time.do u arrive if arvo go to bintang if night timw leave it to next day

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to grab supplies near Padma

From my experience u are best to but blow up pool stuff from home. I find it really cheap at the cheap shops is Australia. But I didn't find pool stuff was cheap in Bali. But everything else is really cheap.

We usually take the pool stuff over and then leave it with some kids when we come home.

perth
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to grab supplies near Padma

yes, get your pool stuff from home.

I think you will find that a lot of the better hotels, which the Padma is, don't like large inflatables in the pools.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,526 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to grab supplies near Padma

We often take pool noodles from home and leave there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to grab supplies near Padma

Forget Bintang supermarket.....

Go to Bella Vista Supermarket ,which is in Padma Utara, DIRECTLY behind the Padma resort.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to grab supplies near Padma

Take sunscreen from home too. It is hideously expensive.