We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garuda or virgin

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Garuda or virgin

Looking at booking flights from sydney to bali on 3rd nov for two people. need to fly out in the morning so we have maximum time on holidays. Only have till the 10th before we have to fly bakc to work. Checking out prices and big difference between garuda and Virgin.

Whichis better and why?

thanks in advance

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garuda or virgin

Garuda by far. More expensive than Virgin, but for a flight from Sydney the in flight service along with Video screens , travel rug, meals and drinks it is worth the extra I reckon.,

Melbourne
Level Contributor
318 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garuda or virgin

Just got back from Bali for the second trip this year. Flew Virgin in February and Garuda this trip. Garuda is so much better will only fly with them in future. Flight service, screens, food, blankets, pillows ,socks,more leg room and greater luggage allowance. Well worth the extra dollars.

Edited: 24 September 2013, 12:49
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garuda or virgin

Go Garuda. Virgin use 737, horrible aircraft. Garuda also have in flight immigration check save you heaps of time at Denpasar airport.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,198 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garuda or virgin

For us, it was at least $800 cheaper to fly Virgin. I can buy the kids iPads to watch and take my own food and drink for the relatively short flight from Melbourne. Rather save the money for other stuff!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,675 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garuda or virgin

Definitely Garuda from Sydney,you also purchase your VOA at check in then it is processed on board so no need to line up at Denpasar to clear immigration.

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garuda or virgin

I would definitely chose Garuda Indonesia.. However, If the VA flight is using A330 rather than B737 plane, then just choose whichever is cheaper!! But if the difference in price is minuscule, stick to Garuda!!

Cheers

Hepburn Springs...
Level Contributor
728 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garuda or virgin

Garuda any day , worth the extra , great service with all the extras

Brisbane
Level Contributor
298 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Garuda or virgin

Hi Julie G,

I looked recently for SYD/DPS on Webjet and found the prices between Virgin and Garuda comparable.

I am from Brisbane with VOA on the Garuda flights ex SYD it's tempting to fly down to SYD rather than taking the Virgin BNE/DPS service.

And that's without considering that Garuda is full service.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Garuda or virgin

Garuda all the way for us.

The extra leg room is great seeing my hubby is 6f 9!

It also makes me feel like I'm on holidays when I step on the plane.

For the trip we are about to go on the prices were not that far apart...so unless its going to be a massive saving I will spend the little extra for GA.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Garuda or virgin

VA is NOT using the A330 on any international services

Get answers to your questions about Legian