We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation options with teenagers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation options with teenagers

Hi, I'm looking at traveling to Legian with 2 adults and 2 teenagers (16 & 14). I think the kids are now too old to share a room with us, so looking for some advice from those that have traveled recently with teenagers.

Can you please share your views and accommodation choices - should I book 2 rooms in a resort (hubbies choice) or a villa (my choice).

I'd also love to know the name of where you stayed and what you thought of it.

Thanks in advance :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Accommodation options with teenagers

Hi,

We were just there in May. 4 kids aged 13,12,11 and 10(only boy). I was very aware that kids have different needs at different ages. Villa too boring for youngest 2, resort too interactive for the 2 oldest!

Happy medium was Bali mandira. We booked 2 interconnecting standard room. The mandira has an online special if you book directly where you get 30% off if you book direct. Works out at about AUD 400 a night (maybe a bit less) for the 2 rooms. Nit pricey but i would thoroughly recommend it.

2 youngsters swam and made friends all day. 2 eldest were happy to swim, sunbake, massage and facial etc with me!

Plus when the teens had enough they could retreat to the room and stare at their iphones with the free wifi whilst we went to the bat for 2 for 1 cocktails!, we went ti waterbom, ubud , beno etc every second day to keep us all happy..

Hope this has helped a little!

Tweed Heads, New...
Level Contributor
806 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Accommodation options with teenagers

hi malts97,I will go with a boutique hotel or a villa as your teenagers are old enough to roam about themselves I don't think them having to stay with the parents is an issue.I also think the legian area would be perfect for you all.Look at Beach melati (1,2 & 3 bedrooms) and also Hidden Garden Villas (3 & 4 bedrooms with private pool).You can get to the beach in a 5 minute walk from either and there are plenty of restaurants/Warungs/coffee shops and bars in the area without it being the nightclubbing area of Kuta.

Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Accommodation options with teenagers

We stayed at a villa for one week and at the Pullman in adjoining rooms for the second week. Our teens were 18, 17 and 13 at the time. We enjoyed both accommodation styles. We loved the villa for the private pool, 3 bedrooms with bathrooms, massive lounge and TV. It was walking distance to eat street and the beach. We got to know the staff and my kids liked hanging out with them. The Pullman was close to Beachwalk and across the road from the beach. It was nice to have room service and poolside bar options as well as a gym and internet café for when the wifi was slow. Both are good fun for teens.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Accommodation options with teenagers

I loved the Jayakarta for the teenagers although not to sold on the distance from the pools to the apartments although would still stay there as it's great.

We also stayed at the Kuta Beach Club which is great. They have table tennis, pool table and soccer in the pool. We got interconnecting rooms.

We also got interconnecting at the Grand Istana Rama which was good.

Both of these are great location for the teenagers as far as going out together to have a look around or to grab that thing they were after or if they want to grab a snack from the takeaway places or just head to the beach with out you guys just because!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Accommodation options with teenagers

Have a look at Yuli Bungalows in Legian...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Accommodation options with teenagers

Have a look at Yuli Bungalows in Legian...

brisbane
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Accommodation options with teenagers

Have you been yet malts97 and if so where did you stay ?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Accommodation options with teenagers

No haven't been yet, not going until December now :(

After everyone's input (thank you all) and a lot of research, I've ended up booking two rooms at the Lokha, so the kids get their own space without costing me the world. Hopefully it will suit all of our needs - now just need to impatiently wait until December!!

19. Re: Accommodation options with teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations