We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legian Beach Hotel or Jayakarta ??

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Legian Beach Hotel or Jayakarta ??

Hi,

Can anyone give me their personal experience as to staying at Jayakarta v Legian Beach hotel ?

We require a room or rooms for 3 adults[parents & 19yr daughter].

Apartment or Bungalow, which ones are better for peace and quiet and roominess?

Legian Beach is more expensive than Jayakarta, so is paying the extra for LB a a better option ?

UP2U Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Windy Sun Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Rip Curl School Of Surf
Kayaking & Canoeing, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Scuba & Snorkeling
Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
403 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or Jayakarta ??

I have stayed in an apartment twice and a hotel room once at Jayakarta. Both were fine. We had 2 rooms with connecting door. It does get busy but I haven't got anything else negative to say. Just remember the price difference and the fact that the hotel was built in the 80's. position is great and staff very friendly.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or Jayakarta ??

Hi, we were thinking of going the apartment too, but in the end my daughter talked us into letting her have her own room. Anyway she's paying for it. And besides if we got a room with a kitchenette in it, hubby would want me to cook. And I'm certainly not doing that on holidays..haha.Just counting the days down till May now as well.Just another question while I'm here...how much per person anyone reccomend taking in cash to last 11 days .?

Edited: 19 February 2014, 21:24
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or Jayakarta ??

jayakarta is in a great location ! We used to stay at Legian Beach Hotel , few years back , but that stopped when renovations started - as prices then really increased ..... new restaurants etc have been built , but from what we can see , the family rooms we stayed in are still the same = no reno.

We stay at Melasti Beach Resort now .

With spending money everyone spends differently , from experience though - i luv to shop & we enjoy eating somewhere diff everyday / some high end places & overall all we dont hold back !

I would say $100 - $ 150 per person per day , but that would include heaps of shopping to take home and a credit card handy for back up.

We are big fans of Mugshots & Tommys for breakfast , even lunch . Great little cafes , mugshots iced choc are the best !!!! cheers

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or Jayakarta ??

We have stayed & are staying again at the Jayakarta privately owned 1 bedroom apartments. We are travelling with 2 young children aged 3 & 4.5 this trip and have the fold out sofa & a mattress to cater for the kids. We find it a great location, close to shopping & plenty of great food too all within walking distance which for us is important. Yes the taxis are cheap but we want to tire the kids out so they sleep all night - worked 2 years ago when we stayed there with a 14 mth & 2 1/2 y/o lol

Reliable money changer at photo shop just down the street(left of entrance when walk out then right into a alcove of shops) also good laundry there!

We shall be there end of May for 8 nights before moving onto Ubud for another 6 - I haven't been to Ubud since my very 1st visit about 20 yrs ago & I'm sure it has changed a lot!! Can't wait, counting the days as are the kids!

Have an atm card with you & always take out lots rather than small amounts as the bank fees are a killer so the less you do the better. You will be a millionaire over there so keep your bank print-out for a laugh :-)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or Jayakarta ??

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone..

Well i have learnt about everything that i was concerned about.. Just one other little thing, should i exchange my money here before i go or wait till i get to Bali ?

And should I exchange at commonwealth bank or travelex if i do it here in Oz ?

Thank You..

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or Jayakarta ??

change your money when you get to bali you will get alot better exchange rate there.

also remember to have money on you for VOA $25 us but it can be paid in aussie dollars and they will give you back change in rupiah. and make sure you put away rupiah for departure tax it has to be in their currency

17. Re: Legian Beach Hotel or Jayakarta ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Legian