We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

tweed coast
Level Contributor
44 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

I am trying to gather some information on a "new" hotel in Legian called Sun Hotel and Spa Legian.

Has anybody stayed at or have any information on this Hotel.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Legian Driver Bali
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Parto Bali Driver
River Rafting & Tubing, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Olas Surf Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
UP2U Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

I have just returned from our stay at the Sun Hotel & Spa Legian. I was reading this topic before we went and hoped someone would review before we got there!! The hotel is new but not yet completely finished. We stayed there from Thursday 28th - Tuesday 4th.

We received a great deal for this hotel; I think approx $40 per night and this was for one of the pool rooms, as mentioned above, the pool is quite literally at your front door.

The bad:

The first night we arrived there were loads of mozzies in our room but we rectified this the next morning with some spray from the local shop. The room is basic but the bed was comfortable. The bathroom is compact and with no hairdryer (our first time in Bali so unsure if that is common!). The hotel has been quite roughly finished, gaps in tiles, gaps around door frames, little things like that. The spa is still under construction and unfortunately the bar was unstocked for the duration of our stay. We ate breakfast once and were quite disappointed with it, perhaps it had been pre cooked.

BUT having pointed out these small flaws...

The good:

The hotel was absolutely grea for the price we paid! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We were offered tea or coffee anytime we lay at the pool; which they advised was complimentary as they don't offer these facilities in the rooms. Beach towels were also offered for the ppol. The pool itself was lovely, caught the sun during the day and was cleaned each morning. We had an afternoon snack one day, bruschetta and spring rolls and something else which I can't recall, but they were all lovely and delivered to the room. The hotel organised transport from the airport which was included in the price of the room; the driver was waiting on arrival and very nice. They assisted us in renting a scooter from a local business also.

The location of the hotel is great, located between kuta beachwalk and legian. Will probably try somewhere more luxurious on our next trip but would definitely recommend to anyone on a budget.

Sian :)

culburra beach...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

Thanks for the updates, Sian. I'm locked into it with Agoda [ paid more than $40 ] I have never stayed anywhere without a hairdryer-although I've read websites where they were available on request. I'll contact the hotel closer to the time [August] and find out, if no one has written a review with that info by then.

I hope they will have rectified rough finishing too.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

Hi all,

We've booked 2 pool access rooms at this hotel for early June, so I'll post an update here on how we find it then. Considering the great prices, and what others have reported so far, I'm comfortable with our decision to go for it.

Just can't wait to be on holiday!

Cheers, Jenny.

15. Re: Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 14:05
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

There is a website as I have just been checking out this hotel

Would be great to hear from anybody who has stayed here.

Hotel looks great

Gold Coast Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

Just booked June as well, so fingers crossed it is all ok!!!

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

Going there on 18 April, i'll give some reviews from local tourist

1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

Awesome to read this review and hear something positive as we are booked into this Hotel for our first family trip in may my husband and I have already been to bali but this time we are taking our 10 and 13 yr old so hoping this hotel is ok for them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Sun Hotel and Spa Legian

Someone has posted a review on T.A.

There are also multiple reviews on Agoda. As recently as March 21, 1 said they were still building with accompanying noise and dust.

I'm looking forward to Haveza's review

Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor