We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

Hi...I'm travelling to Bali with my 14 year old son and want to stay in the Legian area as familiar with this location etc. I have stayed at the Rama Gardens before so want to stay somewhere different! I have been looking at the Baleka Resort or Garden view Resort. I havent seen either of these when I did stay in Legian. Can anyone suggest which is the better of the 2 or have any other options in a similar price range ..$50-$90 a night? Also looking at Hotel Kumala Pantai...is that close to restaurants/bars/ massages? I like the older Bali style of hotels not the business/modern type places. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Kumala Pantai
Hotel Kumala Pantai
827 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa
Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa
584 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Garden View Resort
Garden View Resort
209 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

The Kumala Pantai is much much nicer than the Baleka which I think is very mediocre.It is also in a far better location than the Garden View. There is also their slightly cheaper sister hotel The Grand Kumala , but not as nice as the KP.

The KP is beachfront and close to many good restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
372 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Hotel Kumala Pantai
Hotel Kumala Pantai
827 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

I agree with linda, we always stay at kp when taking my son and he loves it. great pools. opp beach and great restaurants next door, can do much better than that... s or sg blocks are our favourite

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

Tracrickal/ linda, Can you tell me if theres free wifi in the rooms or if you pay how much is it? I'm not going till January and some booking sites are saying sorry cant book for this period? Could it be as its too far ahead or is the hotel under renovations? Any help would be great!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

A perfect hotel for that price is Kusnadi hotel, just off jl Padma utara. Prices start at $45 for standard room incl breakfast. We stay in superior rooms. Really gorgeous place, old style, pretty gardens and pool area. Roomsin garden area more private, others are overlooking the pool. Very cosy, quiet and safe. Just email them direct for bookings. WiFi in room, garden, pool and restaurant. Restaurant serves yummy food, staff very friendly too. Checked out garden view last year while they were renovating, but Kusnadi is alot better. You can also book in advance with the kusnadi

Edited: 11 May 2014, 07:32
Mentioned in this post
Padma Resort Legian
Padma Resort Legian
6,347 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Kusnadi Hotel
Kusnadi Hotel
245 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Kincumber, Australia
Level Contributor
739 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

Could you define mediocre Linda please, as I intend on staying there in August. TK

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

Garden View would be perfect especially with a 14 year old in tow. He can be in the pool while you sit on your verandah or at the restaurant for afternoon tea? I personally think it would be a good set up for those dynamics. Only a hop,skip and jump from Rama gardens so if you liked that location then you will be getting nearly the same. If you want a totally different variety of shops/restaurants ect then may be a little too close.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

adjective: mediocre

of only average quality; not very good.

synonyms: ordinary, common, commonplace, indifferent, average, middle-of-the-road, middling, medium, moderate, everyday, workaday, tolerable, passable, adequate, fair; More

antonyms: exceptional, excellent

I found the rooms in the old block dark and unappealing and those near the pool very flimsy. The pool is very ordinary and no shade or decent surrounds.

In my view there are nicer places to stay including the Kumal Pantai or Kusnadi which have more charm. But we all have different tastes Tudish and you may like it.:)

Edited: 11 May 2014, 11:14
Mentioned in this post
Kusnadi Hotel
Kusnadi Hotel
245 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Kincumber, Australia
Level Contributor
739 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

Thanks Linda, I may well still give it a go. also thanks for my English lesson. It's been a few years since I had such a thorough explanation! T.K.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
403 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

My goodness. Linda you are a woman of many talents ! Thankyou. I am also grateful for that explicit explanation as I will be staying at Baleka also.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baleka Resort or Garden View, Legian?

Goggle is a handy tool :)

Get answers to your questions about Legian