We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wina optical - transitional multi-focal glasses

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
wina optical - transitional multi-focal glasses

Does anyone know if Hendri at Wina Optical (cannot find a direct web site) makes transitional multi-focal glasses? I have had reading glasses made in the past and have had a recent eye test done and now need multi-focal but want them as sunnies as well. If so, what would the cost be and have you been happy with them. Having to wear them pretty much all day they need to be just right. Thanks in advance. :)

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wina optical - transitional multi-focal glasses

My husband bought transitional multi focal glasses from Wina 2 years ago and is more than happy with them.

I can only give you the cost 2 years ago and would assume it would be higher now. Rp 1.2 million and I think back then it was equal to about $130.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,972 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wina optical - transitional multi-focal glasses

You can contact him and get some up to date costs. I have previously posted the following about Wina Optical, you will find an email address at this link.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k…

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wina optical - transitional multi-focal glasses

Hi, Hendri has just made me some multi-focal lenses, I provided the frames, he came to hotel and picked up and dropped off. Lens cost $65aud, sorry can't comment on transitional though. I just sent him an email before we left with our dates and hotel.

Newcastle, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wina optical - transitional multi-focal glasses

I traveled to Bali last July and went to winna optical ( Kuta) with my multifocal perscription on a saturday.

As they had to be made up offsite, being a very strong perscription, Henri delivered them to my hotel the following week on the sunday. I

had two pairs made which equated to $100.00 per pair as I took my own frames.

I can recommend Henri highly enough as in Australia i would be looking @ approx $ 600 per pair for my lenses. Still happily using them with no probs

Brisbane, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wina optical - transitional multi-focal glasses

I just got transitional graduated glasses from Wina a couple of weeks ago. Also a pair of reading glasses and a pair of single vision (distance) sunnies. All up the 3 pair cost me 2.38 M rupiah (about AUD $230). very happy with them so far. My suggestion would be to take your time selecting the frames and allow time when you go back to pick them up to make sure they are comfortable and sit well on your face.

Edited: 17 June 2014, 09:05
6. Re: wina optical - transitional multi-focal glasses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:16