We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to bali! Legian or kuta?

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
First time to bali! Legian or kuta?

First time visitor to bali.

Would like to know where to stay? Kuta, legian? Good accommodation?

Travelling in October. Also things to do? All I can find is "spa, and relaxing".. Looking for snorkeling, animals, tours, shopping...

:)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to bali! Legian or kuta?

Kuta and Legian are almost indistinguishable from each other. The west coast of Bali, where Kuta and Legian are, are not suitable for snorkelling due to the open ocean swells which create sometimes large waves on the beaches and reefs. Maybe Sanur, Candidasa or somewhere on the east coast would be more suitable, there's spas, restaurants, tours and snorkelling. One of the DE's will be able to guide you further.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to bali! Legian or kuta?

Sanur is better for you in my opinion. It has better swimming and is on the better side of Bali for snorkelling and day trips.

I don't know of many large shops over that side, but you could always do a shopping day trip with a driver who will take you to all the malls and outlets.

3. Re: First time to bali! Legian or kuta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:15