We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

California
Level Contributor
92 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

Hello,

I've been spending time looking for a place to stay in the Permuteran area or Menjangan Island in August 2010. We are primarily going there for snorkeling and to vacation on the quieter side of Bali (we will also be in Ubud and Amed). In 2008 we were in Ubud, Amed and Nusa Lembogan so this will be our second trip to Bali.

I'd love to stay at Puri Ganesha Villas but at $550 a night, that is a bit of a expensive for us.

I've also been looking at Amertha Bali Villas. This looks nice if you are willing to book an entire villa in order to prevent sharing the space with people you don't know, which if nice enough is not out of the questions at approx. $200 per night.

Taman Selini Beach Bungalows might be nice as well but hard to tell.

On Menjangan Island, I was looking at Menjangan Resort but decided that it looked too cramped with all the rooms facing towards each other and the pool in the middle and Novus Gawana Resort which could be interesting but not sure about this. Another one I was looking at was Waka Shorea Resort but someone described it as camping in a hut which is not what we are looking for. Also, I like the idea of being close to great snorkeling on Menjangan Island but wonder if it is too limiting as far as places to eat other than where we are staying.

Sorry for all the rambling, but wondering if anyone has recommendations. I've read the reviews but still having trouble deciding.

Thank you for any advice you have,

Tom

The Hague, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

check this out it is a big villa again, so when you are with only a few people you will probably have to share, but it is very nice! http://www.villasemadhibali.com/

California
Level Contributor
92 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

Thank you for the recommendation. I've sent them an email with some questions. Did you actually stay there?

Tom

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

Hi Tom, you might like the Taman Sari. Have stayed their twice, it has spacious grounds, lovely swimming pool right next to the beach area, where the coral revegetation project is located so you can do some snorkelling there as well as Menjangan Island. Menjangan Island is a National Park area so you cannot stay on the island, just go over for day trip. Taman Sari has a few choices of accommodation and a nice restaurant, but you can also walk along the beach to the few other resorts next door for a meal as well. Have also stayed at Jubawa Homestay, clean, good value, and you feel like you are staying right in the village lifestyle with balinese families homes right around it, but no swimming pool. But out of all the resorts up there for moderate prices Taman Sari gets my business.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

Hi,

I stayed at Gawana a few years ago. it's very nice - at least it was then. I wrote a review on it. It's also next to Mimpi Resort, which meant that for food options, well, you could just walk over and have another choice there.

I also saw Taman Sellini and they were good value for money.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
948 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

I have a balinese friend working at Adi Assri cottages, I have not stayed there but there have been some good reviews on TA. They are fairly new and have a pool. We will be staying there for a few nights next month so will do my own review then.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

Taman Selini is beautiful too. Very romantic and well presented rooms. Although im not sure if any of them has an ocean view.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
2,355 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

If anyone is looking for a more 'homestay', basic level place rather than a resort (no pool, but an activity centre for local kids.. great to interact with them!) Kubuku is great. Near Adi Assri and the resorts, also near a good locally owned dive centre called Kokak.

www.kubukubali.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

do you have any details (email/website of Kokak Dive Centre?

9. Re: Nice Places to Stay in Permuteran or Menjangan Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 07:34