We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best things to do when in Pemuteran

Which Pemuteran hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
best things to do when in Pemuteran

We are going to Pemuteran in November primarily to snorkel/dive [we have 2 teenage children] but wondered how long we should spend there. What else do other travellers We are only in Bali for 13 days and so far we are going to Ubud and Pemuteran. Thankyou.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best things to do when in Pemuteran

We spent 3 nights in Pemuteran in September, hubby did advanced PADI whilst up there. My only regret is that we weren't there for longer. Soooo laid back and peaceful, wouldn't hesitate to go back. We stayed at Amertha villas, spent most time lazing, eating and mooching up and down the beach.

During the evening the beach comes alive, and most of the people are Balinese, just enjoying their home- such an amazing atmosphere.

Really can't recommend it highly enough- just don't tell everyone!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best things to do when in Pemuteran

I haven't stayed up there yet but we are booked in for 4 nights in January. With our friends and between us we have five kids. Like you we are primarily going for the diving, also to show the kids another part of Bali.

We want to hike into the national park www.bumimekepung.com/west-bali-national-park/ .

Visit hot springs, I know there are some up north.

See the turtle place and the kids want to donate some money, hopefully we'll get to release a turtle, www.reefseenbali.com/bali-turtle-project.asp

Pony rides on the beach, reefseenbali.com/bali-activities-others.asp

Walk, eat, swim and meet the locals.. now I'm all excited and wish we were staying longer!!

Edited: 22 October 2010, 23:03
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best things to do when in Pemuteran

lots to do for a few nights stay:

things to do in pumuteran

white sand beach

coral reefs and fish

Turtle hatchery – donation to release turtle. Sunset and sunrise cruises

horse treks to beach and villages 2 hours 290 000 rps (pemuteran stables 0362 92339 and umalas stables 0361731402)

things to do near pumuteran

Taman Nasional Bali Barat - walk

Teluk terima - Makam jayaprana - temple on hill with great views; short nature trek with guide from park headquarters.

Palau Menjangan island – several snorkel spots, best is anchor wreck - boat from labuhan lalang, last boat 11am, basic accom here.

Snorkel/dive boat from pemuteran

www.searovers.net

youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1mqy1Xcl8M

Banyuwedang – little west – hot springs exposed with tides

Pura melanting – temple in foothills

Pulaki – grape vines

Pura pulaki - 5 km east – coast cliff temple with monkeys.

Pantai gondola – east – white sand beach - snorkelling undeveloped. Sewerage works and little white sand

Blog

…blogspot.com/2009/07/bali-pemuteran-gondol-…

Celukanbawang – port

Air panas banjar – hotsprings with gardens and restaurant (closed). Best mornings or evenings. 3 000 entry close at 6 pm

Blog

…blogspot.com/2009/07/bali-banjar-air-panas-…

Pondok wisata gray sari – organize treks to countryside

Brahma vihara arama – Buddhist monestry – donation.

Blog

…blogspot.com/2009/07/bali-banjar-brahma-vih…

you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejXpjcwfZMg

Continue further up road to pedewa – aga village

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
913 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best things to do when in Pemuteran

Wow..that's a pretty extensive list rockterrigal : ) Where is the white sand beach...I'll have to read your blog and find out. The turtle sanctuary is small and seasonal. We were there in May and they only had a few baby turtles there, but they are happy to show people around. My favourite thing to do in Pemuteran is to relax and enjoy being away from the maddening crowd!

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best things to do when in Pemuteran

the white sand beach is gondol beach. the strip of white sand is narrow and you pass a sewerage works to get there. not recommended.

my favourite was the early morning walk to the west for the temple hill view and the bay behind it plus the snorkelling. the banjar hot springs though a bit of a drive were cool. everyone were there were locals but welcoming.

sydney
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best things to do when in Pemuteran

Thankyou so much for all your responses. i can't wait to get there and am now thinking we should stay longer. Next job is to sort out where we are going to stay.

7. Re: best things to do when in Pemuteran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2011, 05:16