We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Recommendation

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation Recommendation

My wife and I are planning to spend four nights in Pemuteran towards the end of October this year. We're not familiar with this area and could do with some advice about where to stay. We'd like to keep the costs around 100.00 a night, but preferably less. We'd like a pool but don't need anything too fancy. We're not worried about somewhere being a bit busy. Like the idea of a hotel on the beach. While we're there we'd like to spend a day snorkeling at Mejangan Island and some time exploring the National Park. If possible we'd like to get down to Segara and check out the Buffalo Races. Anything else we should do while we're there?

We're really looking forward to the October trip. We're in Bali in April but in October we're planning to go to Legian, Sanur, Lembongan, Pemuteran and back to Legian to finish our three weeks. Feeling quite lucky to get five weeks there this year.

Victoria Texas
Level Contributor
392 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

Looks like you got no response at all to your post here unless you posted it somewhere else..

Anyway, I know some about Pemuteran. We stayed a week there last may and are looking at another week in May. I'd think any of the hotel type lodging that say beachside would be OK and probably in your price range. We're staying at a villa off the beach a ways that exceeds your price by quite a bit.

You might want to contact Reef Scene Dive Resort

http://reefseenbali.com

I dove with this shop and saw their rooms from the outside they looked pretty nice and way affordable. Very professional dive operation and they do snorkeling trips in addition to diving. They're also very good about giving advice about the area. Tell them Joe from Texas referred you....they might remember me (and we are going back this May).

Good luck with your trip

Joe

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

Hi Peter, have a look at Pondok Sari, we walked through when doing a snorkeling day trip and snorkelled off the beach directly in front. Don't know the cost per night but looks like it could be in your range.

Brighton, Australia
Level Contributor
322 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

Adhi Assri in Pemuteran is on the beach and great value also has Sea Rovers adjacent to the hotel and they are great for snorkelling, straight from hotel beach to Menjangin no car rides needed, you will not be dissapointed.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

Thanks Joe, DLD and Ann.

We were a bit surprised that no-one had responded so posted it on the Bali Forum as well and got some responses there. We appreciate your thoughts. We have booked at the Adhi Assri based on the most recommendations from TA members.

Hope to check out the Reef Scene to see there turtle release program.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

Taman Sari was fantastic! You can walk right into the water and go snorkeling. I would go there again and again.

6. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 06:16