We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on Christmas day

Which Pemuteran hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
perth western...
Level Contributor
131 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
What to do on Christmas day

Hi We will be in Pemuteran on Christmas day staying at Tirta Sari

what I would like to know is there any sort of Christmas service around that area

or do we have to travel back to Lovina or Singaraja. Any information would be great.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,074 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on Christmas day

Not sure if this is of help to you, if not, I would make contact through this site and see if someone can steer you in the right direction ~

http://www.expat.or.id/orgs/balichurches.html

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on Christmas day

Maybe have your own little service if you feel that you want to do that.

A couple of readings , A few carols - maybe a prayer.

You could even include some other guests or even some of the locals

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do on Christmas day

Depends on what religion you are ,but I am sure your Hotel staff will be able to advise you .And yes maybe a personal service amongst yourselves would be appropriate if nothing is available. Have a great time.

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do on Christmas day

I would hazard a guess that the OP is Christian. There is an enclave of Balinese Christians around the village of Blimbingsari with a Protestant church headed by the ex Bishop of Bali. In the same area, in the village of Palasari, you will find a Catholic Church.

Blimbingsari is about 40km from Pemuteran, same distance away as Lovina. Drive west from Pemuteran onto the Gilimanuk/Denpasar road, at Melaya turn inland and follow signs for Blimbingsari. The village borders the Bali Barat National Park and is exceptionally beautiful and well-kept.

I can almost guarantee that you would be very warmly welcomed in either of these villages as the only westerners to attend Christmas Day service with the local people.

perth western...
Level Contributor
131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do on Christmas day

Thanks everyone for your help. Yes we are Christians and would love to be able to attend some sort of service on Christmas day. We looked at going to singaraja for a service because there are 6 of us and only getting to Pemuteran the night before I feel that to get to mass at singaraja by 8.00am I am asking to much of everyone, so I thought if there was any service closer we could go. Have been to Palasari and its beautiful

and would love to go there again, but not sure how long it would take and what time mass is.

Thanks heaps again to everyone for there information.

Perth, Western...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do on Christmas day

We will also be in Pemuteran on Christmas day and arrive the the night before ! I did look at making it to Sinjara for the morning service but it's too far ! would love for you to share what you find out and perhaps we can catch up ;)

Edited: 24 September 2013, 05:59
Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do on Christmas day

Further to my suggestion that you go to Palasari for Christmas Day service - I have just found this article in the Jakarta Post thejakartapost.com/bali-daily/2012-12-27/cel…

It looks beautiful and very Balinese - a Christmas Day Mass with a difference. I have tried to ascertain times for you, unsuccessfully so far.

perth western...
Level Contributor
131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do on Christmas day

Hi AvaM

We looked at going to Singaraja for the morning mass but it starts at 8.30 and will take about

1 1/2 hours to get there. Well that's what we have been told.

I have been to the Sacred Heart Church in Palasari and its beautiful, never did the mass as we were there

just for a look a few days after Christmas a couple of years ago. I would love to go there but don't know

how long it would take and what time the service is. We also arrive Christmas eve afternoon and are coming from Candidasa so will be travelling a few hours and there is 5 of us.

If you watch this topic and am sure someone will be able to help us both..

Edited: 24 September 2013, 07:19
perth western...
Level Contributor
131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do on Christmas day

Thank Jan J for your information and help. I have tried emailing the church and don't get any response.

So any help from you would be great. Thanks again . judy

10. Re: What to do on Christmas day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 06:23