We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Pemuteran to Sanur

South Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Pemuteran to Sanur

Our hotel organised our transport. We needed a mini-bus as we had a party of 6 people and lots of luggage. We paid 700,000 for the trip, and paid the hotel (Tirta Sari) as part of our final bill. The driver came from Lovina and claimed he earned only 100,000 for the job.

It took from 8:30am to 1:30pm with a stop along the way for a “coffee break” and the obligatory kopi luwak tour. You could skip this I guess but we needed a break for toilet and to stretch our legs. Avoid the “schlock” buffet style resturants around the large lakes in the centre of Bali. We got caught with this on the way up paying 120,000 per person for an ordinary buffet. We would have preferred nothing or a simple warrung. Tell your driver you don’t want the buffet to avoid this trap!

Our driver was excellent and took no crazy risks.

Finding our hotel in Sanur was a little tricky and having cached Apple maps (zoomed in) on the ipad prior to departure was very handy when navigating the streets of Sanur to find the hotel. And generally helpful when watching our progress on the map.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Pemuteran to Sanur

That figure of 100.000 does not sound right at all, especially if it was his bus and he was paying for the fuel. I think the driver may have been working on the sympathy angle to get a good tip from you. If it is correct he should be looking to find work from other better paying hotels.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,818 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Pemuteran to Sanur

I tend to agree with whinnie. Sounds like the "oh poor me so give me a hugh tip" scenerio. The driver then had to get back to Lovina from Sanur so all up around an 8 - 9 hr day for him...for Rp 100,000 I don't think so.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,457 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Pemuteran to Sanur

Most likely taking tourists to the buffets and other commission restaurants are where many drivers make good money...

and in this case I would not be surprised if the driver meant he was taking home rp 100,000 after paying for petrol, car rental, etc. In many hotels they take terrible advantage of their drivers, where the drivers do not get anything for "permission" to stand by at the hotel, and the hotel takes a big cut. That's why usually I try to keep the hotel out of the transaction and use the same drivers...just directly, and not thru the hotel.

denpasar
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Pemuteran to Sanur

Yes the driver correct , he got paid per day driving about rp100k /125k , if the car not belong him, fuel responsible by car owner,he just driver base on order, some agent paid his driver only 75k specialy driving for korea, taiwan guest ...

denpasar
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Pemuteran to Sanur

Yes the driver correct , he got paid per day driving about rp100k /125k , if the car not belong him, fuel responsible by car owner,he just driver base on order, some agent paid his driver only 75k specialy driving for korea, taiwan guest ...

6. Re: Transport from Pemuteran to Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 01:05
Edited: 16 July 2014, 01:05
Pemuteran, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Pemuteran to Sanur

im a driver my self and if the driver claimed he got 100.000 fee he is absolutely right

8. Re: Transport from Pemuteran to Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 07:16