We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Palembang.

Kuantan, Malaysia
Level Contributor
155 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in Palembang.

Will be going to palembang for 3 days in june.

I'm wondering what there is to do there. I know there's not much sightseeing. I'm more interested in markets and learning about the lical culture, tradition and daily life.

Any suggestions?

Has anyone been to the sriwijaya archeological park? Is it worth a visit? I hear it is not well maintained, but wouldnt mind visiting if there was something unique to be seen there.

5 replies to this topic
1. Re: Things to do in Palembang.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 15:35

Kuantan, Malaysia
Level Contributor
155 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Palembang.

Thank you very much for the info! Can't wait to go.

Palembang, Indonesia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Palembang.

Palembang is nice city, especially for culinary. There is so much delicious food there. There are pempek, martabak, pindang, e.t.c if u want to go palembang u can go by plane, until sultan mahmud badarudin airport, u can call taxy, or u can wait for busway. Taxy is about 300000rupiah its about 30 usdolar, n busway its about 5000rupiah or 0.5 usdolar. I think the better u can stay near by masjid agung or jembatan ampera, theres some hotel there, like sriwijaya hotel, hotel duta, etc. All the thing in indonesia is cheaper than sgp,or malay. With 300000 rupaih or 30 usdolar u can rent car and walk around palembang. There are ampera bridge, bkb, pulau kemaro, masjid agung, etc and for the food, all of them is delicious n cheap, lime pempek is just 0.4 usd, martabak, bakso, sate, etc just about 2 dollar.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,552 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Palembang.

Hello,

Thanks to do in Palembang are listed in here:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g608501-Activiti…

Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Palembang.

most people come to palembang to experience its local culinary, perhaps there are some sightseeing spot like ampera bridge

Reply to: Things to do in Palembang.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palembang
More Palembang Topics