We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-La Villingili Resort - Restaurant prices

Newick, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Shangri-La Villingili Resort - Restaurant prices

As Half-Board - Breakfast and Dinner - every day at the one restaurant that is included could be boring and repetitive, does anyone know the menu prices in the other restaurants?

7 replies to this topic
Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri-La Villingili Resort - Restaurant prices

Is dinner only at one restaurant? I thought that HB at Shangri-La can be used at all restaurants...

Anyway, sens a mail to the resort to ask for the menus of the different restaurants... I have last year ones, but they may have changed...

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri-La Villingili Resort - Restaurant prices

When we were there you could use all the restaurants on FB or HB this was late 2009 though.

What we can remember pizza maybe $16 Fillet Steak $40 and other mains up $42, ice cream $5 a scoop, salad around $17 - $22. Fish BBQ $80 a head. Starters at the Indian/china sea/ middle eastern restaurant were only around $5 and the mains there were cheaper than the other restaurant. It would be strange to only have the one restaurant available, maybe the sea food BBQ would be extra but what I would call the main restaurant(only because this served breakfast) actually had the better and more expensive food.

Food was priced like any big city prices really wine we thought expensive started at $70 a bottle but most wine on the wine list was in late $100's up to $8500!

I am sure as marieugene suggest the resort will email you menus.

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri-La Villingili Resort - Restaurant prices

you can use at Dr Ali's and Jaavu only.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri-La Villingili Resort - Restaurant prices

Hello there,

Can anyone tell me if the restaurant at the shangri la villingili are all buffet or a la carte. Many thanks. Kay

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shangri-La Villingili Resort - Restaurant prices

Mostly a la carte.

A small enclosed buffet area for breakfast, if you didn't want to order off the menu or were in a hurry to catch your dive boat.

The Fish BBQ restaurant (Fashala) had a buffet section, as far as I remember for salads and desert.

Jaavu(western) and Khazaanaage(Indian, Chinese and Arabian) were al la carte.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shangri-La Villingili Resort - Restaurant prices

I have just checked website and Dr Ali's and the Khazaanaage are the same thing (name must have changed since we went)

Edited: 15 August 2011, 14:32
Abu Dhabi, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shangri-La Villingili Resort - Restaurant prices

well im going on 13th and only have breakfast at javuu restaurrant

Reply to: Shangri-La Villingili Resort - Restaurant prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted