We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about Sun Loungers!

London
4 posts
Save Topic
Confused about Sun Loungers!

My boyfriend and I are going to Kuramathi Village at the end of Jan and i am really confused about the use on sunloungers on the beach! I have a read a few reviews that say that there are aren't any loungers situated on the beach as they ruin the ambience of the island. I am just confused as to what you do when you are sunbathing, are you expected just to lie on the sand?

Help!

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about Sun Loungers!

Hi

I haven't been to kuramathi but i do remember past posts saying that there were no sun loungers only chairs, if you go to http://www.malediven.net/bilder/index.htm and click on the thumbnail kuramathi you will see loads of pictures of the island and you cannot see any sun loungers only chairs

regards susie

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about Sun Loungers!

I think you will find you have to lay on the sand, we were on an island where there was only deck chairs and not enough of them anyway. So each room had two rush mats and you used these plus the towels provided but to make it more comfortable many of us either brought with us or brought a lilo from the island shop to make it softer.

sg

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
384 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about Sun Loungers!

Confirm there are no sun loungers on the beaches of Kuramathi, although each bungalow has a couple of laid back style plastic chairs which people took onto the beach. We actually found it too hot to lie on the beach as such when we went we went last March, and spent most of our time either in the water snorkelling (beware of burnt back/bum - make sure you wear a t-shirt and I even wore shorts too, after burning my bottom cheeks when snorkelling on the first day!), lazing on the terrace of our water bungalow or sitting in the beach bars. We did take a lilo and found this useful, and beach mats would also be a good idea. Do make sure you take a high factor suncream if you want to lie in the sun, so you don't get your holiday spoilt by getting burnt early on, as the rays reallly are dangerous out there!

Maria

4. Re: Confused about Sun Loungers!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi