We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superior Beach Villa or Deluxe Beach Villa

somerset
Level Contributor
36 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Superior Beach Villa or Deluxe Beach Villa

We are currently booked to stay in a SBV, we chose this villa as we need the room to comfortably fit two adults and our 8 year old daughter. I am wondering if we have made the right decision, as the DBV with Jacuzzi are on the lagoon side and look to have a nicer location. Can anyone advise if the DBV with Jacuzzi are just as big as the SBV in the bedroom? Also which villa type may be best for us as a family.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Superior Beach Villa or Deluxe Beach Villa

Hi Sarah

Haven't been to Kuramathi so can't comment on suitability for a family, but there are floor plans on their website that show the layout of the rooms, which might help with the other part of your question.

www.kuramathi.com/guestvillas/index.html

SL

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Superior Beach Villa or Deluxe Beach Villa

Do you mean superior beach villa with jacuzzi (V5) versus deluxe beach villa (V3), or versus deluxe becah villa with jacuzzi (v6)? I stayed in a V5 and friends stayed in a V6, so I can tell you that the bedroom of the V6 is tiny compared to the V5 superior....but if you're comparing to the V3...I don't know as I didn't see these?

Superior bedrooms (V5) are hugs though.

Thanks

somerset
Level Contributor
36 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Superior Beach Villa or Deluxe Beach Villa

Thanks MaldivesDreamer, we booked the SBV with Jacuzzi as it looked bigger than the DBV with Jacuzzi on the website. We do need the extra living space and would not want to feel cramped. Was your villa on a nice section of the beach? Our other concern was the fact that the SBV are on the reef side and some comments have been made that the beach is not as nice. I suppose we can always use our legs and walk round to the lagoon side!! Probably worrying too much, it is great to hear peoples comments though.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Superior Beach Villa or Deluxe Beach Villa

The side of beach that the SBV are on is really nice - if a little narrow in areas, but TBH I didn't really notice as we only sat on the beach one day of our hol due to the bad weather.

However the best place for snorkelling on the island is definetly where the SBV are - but only if you go out past the yellow flags. We saw quite a few people snorkelling before the flags, but you won't see much there.

Whereas there is no snorkelling on the lagoon side.

There is some building/repais going on behind the SBVs where the football pitch is meant to be - it's actually a concrete slab. It didn't bother us though as we never heard any noise...so we just ignored it.

So I think your accomodation is really nice from what I saw in our room. I think all the accomodation has good points and bad points.

5. Re: Superior Beach Villa or Deluxe Beach Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 06:17