We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in October

We have just returned from an idyllic 10 nights on Kuramathi over Christmas - so much so that we are suggesting to our son/daughter in law to be to go for their honeymoon in October. My OH though has looked on the weather and it looks as though it is the back end of the rainy reason. Money is tight for them and I would hate to suggest somewhere where they would have terrible weather. Can anyone tell me if they have been in October - they would be going 18th Oct - what the weather is like. Now I know weather patterns are weird and we had some amazing storms thru the night but I would just hate for it to be 12 nights of rain - OK they would be on their honeymoon so sun isn't as important to them but some lovely sunny days in October - is that possible????

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
324 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

I have friends who have been in October and they said the weather was great for them, a few showers but mostly sun (a few years ago). But as you know there are no guarantees, they could get 2 weeks of solid rain or 2 weeks of solid sun.

Am hoping it's the former though, as we're going on October 13th!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

Hi

Certainly it's possible and even likely, BUT no-one can give you guarantees, particularly at that time of year. As you've already checked out the FAQ: Weather, the best way to get further information is to type 'weather in October' in the search box. You'll get pages of happy reading!

SL

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

We went on 18th October in 2009 and the weather was perfect. No wind on the west side as people found in September and we had one thunder storm very much in the distance one night with a down pour for about 10 mins. Other than that it was scorching, could have done with some breeze!!

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in October

We were at Biyadhoo in October and in daylight hours there was only a short 30 minute shower in the whole 2 weeks. It's just luck and the Maldives is great at any time.

West Yorkshire
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in October

I went to chaaya reef on 19th October 2010 for two weeks and we had 13 1/2 days of beautiful sunshine the other half day did have a storm and a couple of rainy periods for a couple of hours at teatime on one or two days, so I personally cannot complain at all about october's weather and would not hesitate to go at the same time again, although I did read up a fair bit about October weather in the Maldives before we went and did find mixed weather reviews so was a bit apprehensive, but we were not at all disappointed it turned out fabulous!!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in October

We've been to the Maldives in October for the past 2 years now. First year we went 4th October, last year we went 14th October, both holidays for 14 nights. We've been really lucky with the weather at that time of year. First holiday we had 3 5 minute showers during the whole of the holiday and one rainstorm overnight on the first night, last year we had one storm on our first afternoon for about an hour and then nothing else.

7. Re: Weather in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 10:32
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi