We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

current weather

lincoln england
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
current weather

i am due to come to the island on 1st March. the weather at the moment seems to be lots of thunderstorms, is this unusually poor weather for this time of year, i am getting worried.

London, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: current weather

I'm in the south and it's boiling. No rain for days, my friends in the north have been saying similar things

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: current weather

it may say thunderstorms on the forecast but that may be due to air humidity and other factors. I think every time ive gone somewhere hot/tropical, the forecast is rain and thunderstorms but once you get there the only water you see falling is from the top of the showerhead. In Kuramathi in Jan last year and Maafushivaru the forecast was rain/thunderstorms but all we had was a 5 second shower, a 2 min shower and 1 hour of rain one evening. i really wouldnt worry. March is about as dry as you will get

Level Contributor
3,657 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: current weather

We have been 4 times in March and have had I would say a TOTAL of 10 minutes rain, shared between the 4 trips, and that's erring on the generous side!

Forget the forecasts.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: current weather

Great news! I'm arriving this week! Looking forward to getting out of the cold!

5. Re: current weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2013, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi
Recent Conversations