We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi or Water Villa?

Bournemouth, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi or Water Villa?

Hi We have booked a deluxe beach villa with jacuzzi for our honeymoon in oct but i am debating changing it to a water villa.... we cant afford a jwv :-( what would you advise sticking with what we have or changing? thanks vix

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi or Water Villa?

We're off to Kuramathi in July and from all the research that I did I found that the DBV were one of the nicest beach villas and are in better condition than the WV's.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi or Water Villa?

whatever you do, do not go for a normal water villa. the reef is on the opposite side of the island, they are in shade, you cant sunbathe on the balcony (they dont have a deck like the jacuzzi water villas) and i think they are a waste of time. if not a JWV, i would go for a deluxe beach villa for value for money.

so definately stick with what you have

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
162 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi or Water Villa?

Hi

Just returned from a week in heaven! We stayed in DBV with Jacuzzi and they are fantastic! They are situated on the beach and approx half way up the island which is ideal for either walking to the sandbank or to the other end of the island. You will love it! If we manage to go back I would definately book this type of villa again - even if the JWV were the same price as I love the fact that you are actually on the beach.

We met a couple on their honeymoon and they upgraded to the honeymoon villa for their last 3 nights at 50% discount of what they were quoted when they first arrived on the island.They said they wer unable to book this from the UK.

I would definately go for select AI - it is superb value

You have chosen the perfect place for your honeymoon - have a wonderful time.

UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi or Water Villa?

I would actually downgrade and get a DELUXE BEACH VILLA. They are on the best part of the island by the sand bank. Any numbers between 344-353. The location is stunning and they are on the beautiful reef side of the island!

The JBVs also looked stunning however they are on the lagoon side so no reef snorkelling.

Water Villas would be my last choice, the decks were tiny and again no reef that side.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi or Water Villa?

I would advocate what others are saying in avoiding the WV's. As well as what others have said they are overlooked by the nearby bar.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi or Water Villa?

We had a DBV (without Jacuzzi) think it was 355 and it was absolutely idea. Top end of the Island near the sandbank with a deck over the ocean (but no direct access(steps) to the Ocean) Literally a 30 second walk to the beach and within easy access of both lagoon and reef.

enjoy

H

7. Re: Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi or Water Villa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi