We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerates Flights

manchester UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Emerates Flights

Flying with them from Manchester - Dubai then onto Male via a connecting flight.

One is on the big Double Decker airbus A380 by all accounts.

Anyway, anyone have experience with them, and what is the service like.

Any tips on how to get an upgrade?, and is it even worth an upgrade?

Thanks

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emerates Flights

Service, flight, meals and entertainment are all excellent. The only airline where I've asked for a second meal.

As far as upgrades are concerned, we did ask once coming back and the answer was that upgrades were available.....at £1000 per head. We continued to slum it.

John

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emerates Flights

A380 is nice, but takes longer to load passengers and baggage on...

Emirates are great though.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emerates Flights

We've always found Emirates very good..service, food punctuality and in flight entertainment are all great.

Is it worth an upgrade? No idea how you would get one, but if you do, bite their arm off! Business class on the A380 was brilliant!

Ian

manchester UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emerates Flights

Wow, that has to be a record. 3 replies in 5 mins...

Thank you all...

Dont blame you for continuing to slum it!! £1000!! Yikes

Edited: 28 February 2012, 14:08
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emerates Flights

Very helpful post.

Many thanks.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
326 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emerates Flights

Did exactly the same flights in October - fantastic service, good food, good entertainment. And on the Dubai to Male leg, the best looking flight attendant I have ever seen!!

Have a friend who works for Emirates, getting an off the cuff free upgrade is pretty impossible. If there are any available they go to their most frequent fliers. We'd asked if she could sort us a cheeky upgrade, but they have a policy against it - she did manage to sort us out extra legroom seats though.

Besides, it's the best economy I've ever flown.

england
Level Contributor
191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emerates Flights

Yes aircraft lovely and we were slumming it too -however just went on A380 on outward bound and not on the return - which we were expecting !

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emerates Flights

We have been on the 380 3 times now. There are a few great seats in economy, I cant be bothered looking it up but think it might be the A and K seats in rows 68 and 81. If you look on a seat map you will see what I mean.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emerates Flights

We flew Emerates to Cochin in February. We upgraded to business and had an excellent flight. Unfortunately we came back in economy and had the most uncomfortable flight we have ever experienced. The seats are too high for anyone under six foot and my feet did not fully touch the floor. ( I am 5 feet 6) As a result the the seats cut into the back of the legs. I would never fly in economy with them again

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
628 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Emerates Flights

We always fly emirates - being divers we need the 30kgs baggage allowance. Cant fault them in either business or economy. Food and service is great, been on the A380 4 times, loved it but also like the 777s as well. Fantastic entertainment system. Only downside is that I hate terminal 3 Dubai airport with a passion - worst laid out area I have ever come across, funnelling all passengers through the shopping area. Why do people feel the need to just stop and gawp at the shops in the middle of the walkway?