We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plastic cups!!!

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Plastic cups!!!

Last question for tonight :-)

Reading some of the reviews and one said to bring plastic cups so that you are able to bring a drink back to the room. Are these in your room ( so bring them out with you) or do you have to bring them in your luggage to the island.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plastic cups!!!

not heard of that one. we took whatever we wanted back to the room,,,, mainly bottles of wine tho

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,647 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plastic cups!!!

We were recently in the Dom. Rep. along with very many Canadians who were armed with "BubbaKegs", a sort of thermos flask with a handle, which they took to the beach and asked the beach barman to put their drinks in. Though not very elegant, they obviously worked well to keep beer, coco-locos etc cold, hence their populariity. I was considering taking a couple to Reethi, but they turmed out to be more expensive than expected and are also quite bulky.

Has aanyone else taken these to the Maldives and was it worth bothering?

(Serious question, no answers involving cats or crabs thank you Paul)

MissF

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,632 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plastic cups!!!

wouldn't have occurred to me ... my bags are full enough with dive junk :)

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plastic cups!!!

Thanks guys. Never heard of bubbakegs so can't answer.

Thanks Paul. Think I've read before about you hiding the wine :-) don't know if I'm brave enough to sneak it out. Who knows after a few glasses haha.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plastic cups!!!

No need to even sneak it, just take it.

When I stayed at Equator Village the bar man made me promise I would bring my glasses back to the bar though. hahah

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plastic cups!!!

Ok that's great. I like a drink either before we go out or when we come back. So I'm glad that there is no problems.

Germany
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Plastic cups!!!

We went to Palm Beach Resort four weeks ago and brought an 18 oz Starbucks tumbler with us. And I was so happy I had that. A C 's always kill me so I had a really sore throat when we arrived and all I could drink was peppermint tea w/ honey. we requested a water kettle and I was able to fix my own tea whenever I wanted- next time I would definitely bring a second tumbler and more teabags ! BTW the guys at the Coffee/ breakfast bar gave us packets (1 liter) of milk for our daily afternoon tea which we could then take back to our room for free !

So, yes, next time I will bring two ( and can be easily cleaned w/ toothpaste !)

S

Germany
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Plastic cups!!!

We went to Palm Beach Resort four weeks ago and brought an 18 oz Starbucks tumbler with us. And I was so happy I had that. A C 's always kill me so I had a really sore throat when we arrived and all I could drink was peppermint tea w/ honey. we requested a water kettle and I was able to fix my own tea whenever I wanted- next time I would definitely bring a second tumbler and more teabags ! BTW the guys at the Coffee/ breakfast bar gave us packets (1 liter) of milk for our daily afternoon tea which we could then take back to our room for free !

So, yes, next time I will bring two ( and can be easily cleaned w/ toothpaste !)

S

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plastic cups!!!

no sneaking. Asked for a bottle after the meal. Took half a glass to show willing then just walked of with the rest... did it lunch and dinner... opps.... i confess... i am an AI Alco lol

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Plastic cups!!!

Super thanks Paul. Great to know. I presume with the frequency nothing was ever said or dirty looks etc. (I've a feeling ours could be of a similar frequency) :-)