We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wv vs jwv

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Wv vs jwv

Ok so I emailed Kuoni enquiring about upgrading to a jwv for 2 nights of our honeymoon and there is none available :-( There is a water villa available though.

Are these as nice (or nicer) then JWV regarding location etc. We have a deluxe beach villa booked. Would it be worthwhile upgrading for the last 2 nights.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wv vs jwv

cutie.... dont even think about having a normal water villa. They are on the lagoon side of the island and so have no access to the reef from your villa. There is no sun area to sunbathe. They are on the wrong side of the island to get much sun. They are close to a bar - (which may be a good thing lol). Maybe for 2 nights but not for the entire holiday - it would be a waste of money IMO. The JWV are far far superior in every respect - they have a huge deck, larger inside and with the jacuzzi and sunbeds/parasols on your large deck and the reef is 15m away. For the hassle of moving, I would stay where you are, they normal WV have no particular wow factor in my humble opinion. But if you realy really really want the experience of a water villa then go ahead (cant remember if the normal water villas are semi detached or maybe have shared steps to the sea - check that out)

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wv vs jwv

Ok thanks for the reply. Would love a JWV might ask if any have come free when we arrive. Doesnt sound like the WV is something we would like (sunworshippers)

I kind of feel we are missing out on something by not going for a fancier room. Honeymoon is the one time of year that you should really go all out.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wv vs jwv

I would agree with Paul. We just came back from Kuramathi and even though we stayed in different type of villas we went to see both villas JWV on the reef side and the normal WV on the lagoon side - as we are thinking of coming back there. JWV would be much better option, as not only they are bigger inside and have huge outside deck, but also they are detached. Normal WV are joined together, you dont have a deck outside and you share steps to the water with your neighbours which for us would be a big no.. Also becasuse WV are on the lagoon side you dont get the benefit of snorkeling straight from your steps and the view is disturbed by a Lagoon

bar and Rashdoo island - and their 2 very tall antennas. You would have undisturbed sea view from JWV. So I would rather stay in the deluxe beach villa with jacuzzi then upgrade to normal WV.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wv vs jwv

Thanks for that. Def not upgrading now. Unless a jwv comes free (unlikely I'm sure)

5. Re: Wv vs jwv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:42
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi
Recent Conversations