We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa treatments

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Spa treatments

Hi

We are going to Kuramathi in September and i was wondering if anyone could tell me which are the best spa treatments? Has anyone had the couples massage folowed by bath and bubbles? if so, was it good and how much did it cost?

Many thanks

Rhianna

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa treatments

weve had massages at all the islands we have visited and TBH they all blur into a one ness. We always have a massage on holiday but I have to say, we both have enjoyed our massages in the Maldives but OMG are they different to anywhere else we have been!!! We have always had our chests massaged (yes, my OH too!!!!) - never had that anywhere. When on your front, the towel is literally half way down your part that is normally modestly covered. Hands go down as far as the top of the towel!!. Crikey. Never had any sort of that questionnaire nonsense or asked soft/med/firm etc. Seems to be different standards of privacy/modesty - we have had people wandering in and out of the treatment rooms. Just takes getting used to. Kuramathi was no different as far as I can remember

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa treatments

Paul, I think you can tell them where to massage and not to massage:-))

Nottingham
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa treatments

Hi

See my post of 17 July re costs ( couples massage topic).

We go in November and emailed the resort for a treatment price list, sure it will be amazing!

Neil

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spa treatments

For our honeymoon on Kuramathi several years ago we had a couples massage followed by a bath accompanied with a fruit platter and sparkling wine. It was a lovely experience and one we obviously remember well. Not sure of the current price but massages are usually around $100 per person so I'd guess this will be at least $300 for the package.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spa treatments

just incase anyone is interested - I got an email back from Kuramathi yesterday and they listed the following:

Kuramathi Moment 150 Minutes ( 90 minutes Massage + 60 Minutes Bath ) – USD 200++

Couples Rebirth 120 Minutes ( 60 Minutes massage + 60 minutes Bath ) – USD 180++

Romantic Memories 60 Minutes massage – USD 160++

Not sure how they differ i think the first 2 are massages (different durations) followed by bath and 3rd one is just massage. I think they are reasonably priced given that a normal 60min massage is $105 per person.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spa treatments

if it was £'s it would be expensive but those prices in $ are very reasonable. We have never been put off by the Spa prices. I think it was Biyadhoo last year we got one of the Spa offers for massage for the 3 of us for an hour for $150 which was a bargain.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spa treatments

I'm guessing the prices are per person rather than a couples package?

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spa treatments

I believe that the prices are per couple but i have emailed to check. Also i presume that the prices are subject to 10% service charge and 8% GST so that does push it up a bit. You can book before going and pay when you are there which is good.

They have also said you can have the massage in treatment room or open air pavillion. i presume open air pavillion is the best? has anyone tried both? which is best?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spa treatments

when we were there we had our massage in the treatment room, I think the open air pavilion is on the jetty.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spa treatments

Kuramathi have just confirmed that the price is for the couple and 8% GST & 10% Service Charge is not included in price, it will be added later on. so for the 60 min massage plus 60 min bath and bubbles, its $213.

Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi