We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuramathi November weather?

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Kuramathi November weather?

Hi, we are returning to Kuramathi for 3rd visit in November, previously we have always been in early March, just wondered if anyone had any experience of the weather there in November - I don't think it is set to pour down but just wondered..... I went to another island in maldives for Christmas once and vaguely remember it raining the day we arrived, and a couple of cloudy afternoons, which of course is no big deal really.

thanks

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuramathi November weather?

Welcome to the forum. Unlike March, Nov is in the wet season. You may get sun, cloud, rain, wind, storms and choppy seas - but it will be warm. When in Nov are you going? - as traditionally the monsoon may start to change around the end of Nov, into Dec and that would bring more unsettled conditions. Try to go for at least 10 days to be sure to get some good weather in the mix. We've been late Nov/early Dec a few times and we are going early Nov this year.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 17:52
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuramathi November weather?

Sorry should have said that we're going this Nov - but not to Kuramathi.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 17:53
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuramathi November weather?

when we were there last month we were speaking to one of the waiters and he said the only months to avoid are May, June and July. He said the weather starts to improve in August. we were really lucky and had sun every day when we were there but you may get the odd shower. chances are that weather is more risky in Nov than March.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuramathi November weather?

Your waiter may be misguided.......we went June last year and had one day time shower.

The weather does what it wants, what happened last year or the year before is irrelevant. Add to that the variability between atolls and you have an 'anything goes' scenario.

Just cross fingers and hope!

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuramathi November weather?

I've had 10 days rain out of 14 in both August and October so I think Rhianna's waiter was being optimistic. Its unpredictable and the luck of the draw - best guess is to expect a mixed bag and leave your jumpers at home.

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuramathi November weather?

thanks all, appreciate that weather forecasts are never accurate, even at home :-) I'm sure it will be Ok, we are going for 8 nights, can't be there longer as it is sandwiched between business trips. Whatever it does it will be warm (and the cocktails cold) so definitely better than back home :-)

7. Re: Kuramathi November weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi