We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaplne Transfer Timings

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seaplne Transfer Timings

Hi All, I've just booked 6 nights at Kuramathi in Feb 2014 following a week touring around Sri Lanka. We will be catching an early flight out of Colombo that arrives into Male at 7.55am. Would anyone have any idea how long we might have to wait for our Seaplane transfer? Do they start fairly early in the mornings?

Thanks in advance - this is my first post but probably won't be my last - stupidly excited!!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,182 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Seaplne Transfer Timings

looks like that is the Dubai flight that arrives in male at 3 pm ? if so , you are fine

Edited: 12 October 2013, 14:58
Surrey
Level Contributor
158 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Seaplne Transfer Timings

Ah sorry - 3pm local

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Seaplne Transfer Timings

I've seen it said in brochures etc that the seaplanes run until around 3.30pm. I can say from experience that thankfully that isnt always true - last year we were delayed for 6 hours travelling from India to maldives, I was getting really worried that we would have to stay the night in Male but when we eventually got there they had held the last seaplane of the day for us, eventually left around 5ish I think, after I made quite a specatcle of myself bursting into tears of relief in the airport!

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Seaplne Transfer Timings

What they say in brochures is that if your flight arrives later than 15:30, you'll have to stay in male, no that they don't flight later than that time. If you arrive before 15:30, it may take about 1 hour and a half for luggage, then seaplane check in, go to seaplanes terminal, you could leave at 17:00-18:00, so they put that time deadline...

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Seaplne Transfer Timings

Hi DJM

For an 20.30 flight you will inevitably have a number of hours to kill in Male the seaplane you get out of the resort will depend on other departures and officially your resort checkout is midday so you could leave anytime after that. It all depends on other passengers but the very latest will get you to Male before dusk

Regards

Doug

16. Re: Seaplne Transfer Timings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi