We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paul1962Belfast

Nottingham
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Paul1962Belfast

Just returned from Kuramathi after following your advice to the letter - JWV 280 on Select,

just perfect.

I wondered if you have been to Constance Moofushi Paul and what you thought of the standard water villas, and which side gets the most sun?

Thanks again!

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paul1962Belfast

Wouldn't it be easier to just send Paul a PM?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paul1962Belfast

Don't know how to or I would

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paul1962Belfast

Find any post by him, click on the name and just on the left you will see a blue tab saying "send message".

Click on that and off you go.

John

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paul1962Belfast

Standard water villas at Moo are very nice. They are spread across 2 locations. The ones nearest the senior water villas are closer to each other and probably have less privacy. Certainly more traffic near them. The ones numbered 100+ on the other side of the island are in my opinion better. Odd numbers are sunset and face away from the sea plane landing area. With the exception of the first water villa on that jetty, the 1st villa of each pair is more private. I stayed in villa 115 and was very happy with that one. If I was returning I would ask for the same villa.

Overall it is a very good resort. I found the food to be a bit average overall. Most people seem happy with it in reviews, but it didn't wow me. That said I would return as it had a great ambience and the AI package is good.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paul1962Belfast

thanks kybo - glad you enjoyed Kuramathi. Im not the best person to ask about Moofushi because i havent been and even though it has a good AI, i probably would not go there due to the amount of WV's, the average reef and reports of pretty average food. Plus, every time ive looked its £1k more than Athuruga per week each and thats too much considering it probably cant compare to Athuruga for the bits im interested in

Nottingham
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paul1962Belfast

Appreciate all the comments, I will take a look at Athuruga for comparison then.

We are both non swimmers so snorkeling is not an issue, for us, good water villa, facing the sun and good food are most important.

Cheers

Neil

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paul1962Belfast

Anyone else want any kuramathi advice ( such as the subject of DBVs, restaurants, JWVs), give us a shout

hove, england
Level Contributor
163 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paul1962Belfast

hi paul,

we went to kuramathi a few years ago and have just booked to return in november 2014. we were in a beach villa before but have decided to go for a deluxe beach villa this time - any suggestions on room number? i seem to remember that 1 or 2 were sort of over water and we'd prefer to walk straight out onto that lovely beach.

cheers,

max woof

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paul1962Belfast

This might help

tripadvisor.co.uk/…42283859

344 to 346 or a combination I think we're the ones on stilts

If you read the reviews, look at room tips for those who have stayed in the DBVs. I did that last week and there are lots of room tips for DBVs. I always remember the review done by Seagull6 for a DBV review ( but think she omitted the number but mentioned it ina forum question)

bristol
Level Contributor
26 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paul1962Belfast

The DBVs on stilts are 354and 355, 353 had no beach in front of it. I would recommend 342 which was next to the Laguna bar and minutes from the sand bar.

Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi