We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuramathi island resort

London, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kuramathi island resort

Hi all,

My hubby to be and I have booked the Kuramathi hotel for our honeymoon, we will be arriving towards the end of January 1214.

This is our first time to the Maldives, does any one have any tips about what to take with us, are casual clothes the norm for all restaurants, best place to learn to snorkel and scuba dive, any recommended trips and finally anything that would make our memory's and stay extra special.

Many thanks Josie

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuramathi island resort

best place to learn to dive : at home . go to your local dive center and tell them you want a referral course . that way you will do all the studying and classroom stuff out of the way , rather than ruining your honeymoon with it . you will do the practical part at kuramathi's dive center and finish your certification there.

casual clothes . everything iron free and easy care .

do not expect hairdos to last in the humidity . take lots of hair ties , pins , etc to just pull hair together . same with make up .. go for a pretty but natural look rather than smeared clown

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuramathi island resort

The dress code in the restaurants will be casual /smart so shorts and a smart t shirt / short sleeve shirt for him ( no vests ) and casual for her too, no shoes needed .

For the best and safest snorkeling options speak to the dive team they will be happy to advise you ;-) infact the probably run free snorkeling lessons .

Tips ... take a small torch , take snacks and enjoy .

good luck

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuramathi island resort

Hi Josie,

Our view after several Maldives trips is to leave half your intended luggage at home especially shoes. On one of our Maldives trips a few years ago we took only hand luggage, most of which was toiletries. Now we take at least one suitcase.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuramathi island resort

you will need flip flps or sandals for Kuramathi. I wouldnt bother with the local island visit to Rasdhoo. Go to the sandbank at dawn at least once when it is quiet. Find out when the Maldivian buffet is on (they will be pre-planned) and even if you are on select AI, go to the Maldivian Buffet instead of one of the a la cartes.

Take a chamge of clothes in hand luggage for the transfer (change into it once you have cleared customs or rven on the plane. It will make the ttransfer more comfortable. Have a camera handy on your person on the seaplane as your luggage and hand luggage all goes at the back of the plane (minus a small handbag)

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuramathi island resort

Hi I am an agent who expertises in this island ,

Pack light casual clothes and flip flops or go barefoot

You could start your padi here in the u and finish it on the Maldives talk to the guys at Rasdhoo divers they are contactable on email via the islands website .

Dont forget mosquito repellant , you could look at booking one of the dinner packages via the island for a private dinner the coral romance one books out very quickly so email island and arrange that upfront if you can .If you are A la carte/select dining you can get plenty to eat and drink anytime even snacks such as sandwiches , burgers ,pizza etc .Snorkelling receoomend you start in the shallow area down by the sand bar to get started and then try the snorkelling channels if you feel more confident .I learned just around by my room as we had a jacuzzi water villa so i found as a novice that was enough for me .Good luck sure you will have an amazing trip its a great island !!!!!!!

6. Re: Kuramathi island resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi
Recent Conversations