We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuramathi

Skeggy in UK
Level Contributor
533 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Kuramathi

Just started messing about with Vimeo, having just seen Mark's brilliant video on Embudu. First video uploaded but apologise for no musical soundtrack, also getting to grips with GoPro Studio 2 still. Anyway, thought I'd post clip from Boduga Reef at Kuramathi, taken by me in March 2014. The most amazing drift dive I've ever been on and it was just several hundred meters from the DBV's, somewhere along the sandbar. If you wish to see what's on offer, please go to :-

http://vimeo.com/97033403

Jolly

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuramathi

That's an excellent video, thanks for sharing, will also be really useful for people who ask questions about the kuramathi reef and how it is.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,720 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuramathi

I don't believe this is the kuramathi house reef ? awesome vid though .. enjoyed it.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 18:49
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuramathi

Those are grey reef sharks right? Why do they seem to be so much rarer on inner reefs, seems to just he black tips and lesser common white tips? Anyone seen the larger grey ones just snorkeling?

Skeggy in UK
Level Contributor
533 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuramathi

Thank you for the thumbs up Froggy, you're welcome and at Kuramathi, most dives are within 10 minutes from main jetty or 15 from the second dive school where I was based.

Skeggy in UK
Level Contributor
533 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuramathi

Hi Spammie, not the house reef but about 5 minutes from the last DVB's by boat, close to end of sand bar. Glad you enjoyed the vid, will do some more (hopefully !) in Athuruga in October !

Skeggy in UK
Level Contributor
533 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuramathi

You're right Kenny - could be related to having some deeper water and bigger pickings. Did see some at Kuramathi whilst snorkelling. Head out from DBV's thru' cut thru and turn right towards the last cut through, which takes you back to the sand bar. There is a point on a promontory where large Trevallies and sharks seem to gather in the afternoons. The only downer is it takes ages to snorkel back thru the last cut off to the sand bar and once off the actual reef, it's just sand with low viz and nothing to see !

7. Re: Kuramathi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi
Recent Conversations