We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kiuoni dbv upgrade?

east sussex
Level Contributor
508 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
kiuoni dbv upgrade?

we have booked a dbv with a promise of an upgrade would anyone know what to ? its very confusing to find out whats the upgrade is? also is there a laundry service as we are going on to a wedding in sri lanka and would like some clean bikinis etc ? thanks

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kiuoni dbv upgrade?

The next upgrade is a beach villa with jacuzzi and are situated south side or south east in a horse shoe shape and beach is pretty narrow on south side ones. We stayed in one back in 2010 just after the refurb. Villa 84 and associated villas in this category were close to the island generator which may be bothersome to some. Some video I took of the villa on link....and beach at high tide in front of these villas....also yes laundry service available too.

http://youtu.be/qLshUj_V1eM

http://youtu.be/bA4_cx59MSg

Edited: 23 June 2014, 20:54
east sussex
Level Contributor
508 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kiuoni dbv upgrade?

thanks for reply , do you think its best to accept the upgrade or is the dbv in a better position? I looked at your links and sea looked a bit rough. I really would love someone to give us a number of jbv or dbv that would give us a bit of privacy but near bars but not too near the generator as Im a light sleeper and overlooking sea many thanks sandy

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kiuoni dbv upgrade?

Whilst the DBV are semi detached and not as large or well appointed as the next room type up , they would be my personal choice other than the JWV. Location Location Location with the DBVs with no path in front and on the quietest part of the island. But that's just me

east sussex
Level Contributor
508 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kiuoni dbv upgrade?

thanks johnpaul am thinking now I might see if we can pay the extra and change to a jwv as this will probably, be the only time we visit the Maldives do you really think its worth it?Have looked on kuioni and think it will be an extra £1000 for 9 nights?

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kiuoni dbv upgrade?

Personally I think it's worth it. Another idea is to stay half the time in the JWV at the end of the holiday - as a treat - and it will be like 2 holidays

east sussex
Level Contributor
508 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kiuoni dbv upgrade?

thanks johnpaul I am looking at seeing if we can change it not long till November !! Also our travel agent recommended boat transfer going and sea plane on return ,do you think that best way round? thanks Sandy

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kiuoni dbv upgrade?

Because its such a long boat ride, the cost differential between boat and plane isn't that great... For us it was something like £120. But it's a 1 hr 45 min boat ride across a major sea channel so not inner atoll and can get very bumpy. It's no fun. As opposed to a 25 min seaplane. So you get to the island quicker and may stay longer. I would go plane both ways no doubt. Given a choice of having to do one or the other, I would get there ASAP on the plane

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: kiuoni dbv upgrade?

We're booked boat to get there and seaplane to leave and I'm now questioning whether we've made a good decision. My partner thinks it will be good to experience both so I went with it but reading about the boat isn't half putting me off that idea!

east sussex
Level Contributor
508 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kiuoni dbv upgrade?

Me too but hubby said the same !!! just keep fingers crossed for a calmish day !! when you off?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: kiuoni dbv upgrade?

Oooh ages yet.......5th February 2015! I know, I know, its a lifetime away, or so it seems. Joining this forum just makes it seem more real!