We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food

Fife
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Food

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what the food is like here? I have been looking at pictures and it seems like it's mostly fish, as you would expect on an island, but is there a good selection of meat/poultry dishes in the resteraunts?

Thanks

Zoetermeer
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food

We have been to Kuramathi in 2011 and the restaurants and the bars are fenomenal, food is excellent and the cocktails are first class. There's a good selection of food, fish, meat, veggi.....my wife is vegetarian (does eat fish) and she loved it.

Sure there will be better resorts with even higher quality but you won't be dissappointed.

This was our review in 2011

My wife and I stayed at this wonderful resort in May of last year and it was amazing.

First the flight from Male with a sea-plane to Kuramathi is beautiful and an excursion by itself.

We stayed in a Jacuzzi Water Villa which was worth every single euro

The island is big and spacious, clean, beautiful vegetation and lovely to walk around every day.

The restaurant and the bars are fenomenal, food is excellent and the cocktails are first class.

Wait for full moon and sit on you private deck and enjoy the stars and the milky way, we had not seen anything like this.

In front of the water villa's is a 2mile reef which I snorkeled every day and you can see everything, from sharks to turtles to rays, it's like swimming in an aquarium.

Feeding the rays at 18:00 in the north of the island is a daily event.

Everybody on the island is friendly and the service is fantastic

Baldock, United...
Level Contributor
854 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food

Apart from the reef restaurant I would say that there is not much fish in the restaurants. I love fish and would have liked more.

Fife
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food

Thank you both for your comments. I'm not a fish lover so I was getting worried about continually seeing travellers pictures of their fish dishes, the other half is a fish lover so there will need to be some come and go but glad there's lots of choice.

We are also staying I'm a water villa jacuzzi, got a long wait to go but can't wait!

Now all I need to worry about is the apparent mozzie problem, I get eaten alive when I go to my other halfs in Italy so will need to be well protected on kuramathi by the sounds of it!

Tel
Great Yarmouth U.K
Level Contributor
665 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food

The food here is fantastic but go Select All Inclusive to get the best. Make the most of the ice cream as its the best I have had. As for the mosses go online and buy some Incognito spray and shower gel. This is a good product that works. Remember mosses are attracted to perfumes and deodorants ect so don't use ones with a perfume base while you are there. Have a great time.

5. Re: Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 06:15