We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with Disabled Facilities

Oxford
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Hotels with Disabled Facilities

Hi Guys

As mentioned before my partner and I would like to get married in Sri Lanka.

His sister would love to come as well but is wheelchair bound.

Any advice on hotels that accommodate for disabled people or at least have disabled access.

Thanks

Sam

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with Disabled Facilities

Hi Sam...

As you have posted this in the Ahungalla forum too, then the hotel at that location, Heritance Ahungalla is more than capable of accomodate your hubby to be's sister.

They have ground floor rooms, as well as lift access to all other rooms and the restuarants and bars also have easy access for wheelchairs, indeed they will provide a wheelchair and people to assist too.

Lovely beach front hotel, with excellent rooms, food and service, so maybe check this one out, can 100% vouch for this hotel as it is my favourite in all of Sri Lanka.

Rooms have huge walk in, or wheelchair access showers too.

Regards

Dave

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with Disabled Facilities

HI Sam,

Cinnamon Lodge, Habarana has a specially designed room for disabled people.

Nishantha

Oxford
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with Disabled Facilities

Hi Dave

Thanks so much for your advice, I think we have decided on this hotel - the reviews are great and the images are amazing - and of course its your own personal recommendation! Im so excited!

Next stage - find somewhere in the Maldives!

Sam

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with Disabled Facilities

Hi Sam...

Wise choice, this hotel will definately look after all yours and hubby to be's sisters needs.

Can't help with Maldives really as i have not been there, well only on a very short stop over.

Let me know nearer your departure date and i will contact some good friends at HA and make sure they look after you with adjoining rooms too.

Regards

Dave

Oxford
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with Disabled Facilities

That is really nice of you! It may not be for a while though as we want to get married when the weather is at its best - Ive heard this is Nov - March.

It will be too short notice for our guests to travel at the end of this year/beginning of next, so may have to be Jan 2011!

Thanks again

Sam

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,751 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with Disabled Facilities

More info is in the paper:

dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/…

Not only about a Colombo hotel now also being modified, but also about the Lanka disabled people's association - apparently called Idiriya. So if someone is really interested they can try to contact this association and maybe there's an overall list of accessible hotels.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

7. Re: Hotels with Disabled Facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2012, 14:37
8. Re: Hotels with Disabled Facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2010, 06:30
Get answers to your questions about Ahungalla
Recent Conversations