We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari?

Which Ahungalla hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Safari?

Hi, while staying at the Heritance we would like to do a safari down at Udawalawa (or another park nearby), can anybody who has been with Kuoni know if they offer this excursion for a 1 night safari? I have a quote from reddot, just trying to compare the price with my tour operator.

Many thanks

Martin

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari?

Hi Martin...

Yep, you can do this trip from Heritance Ahungalla, also you can go to Yala too for an overnight trip, probably Yala is the better bet.

I have done it with Kuoni from HA, but probable you will get a better deal from a local driver in Ahungalla !!

Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Regards

Dave

My favourite hotel in Sri Lanka is HA !!

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari?

Hi Martin,

Yes Yala is the best option. Should be done with overnight stay. to get the maximum at least you shoul do two game drives to the park.

Nishantha

Wales
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari?

Many thanks guys :)

Bolton
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari?

We stayed at the Heritance in June and noticed Kuoni's prices were way too high and they were less than helpful with alternative suggestions. We therefore hired a wonderful guide, Karnal de Silva (karnal3@hotmail.com) and he planned a wonderful trip for us to Yala at a much, much cheaper price than Kuoni. We stayed in the park itself, highly recommended, and Karnal, through his wide knowledge, got us the best driver in the park to take us on our safaris, again at a much cheaper price than the park itself charges. We also visited other places on the south coast, attending the Puja and seeing lots of interesting things off the beaten track. Karnal uses a safe driver, Sampat, and his vehicle is comfortable and reliable. Karnal speaks excellent English, is extremely knowledge, a history graduate and government approved guide and what he doesn't know about Sri Lanka isn't worth knowing. He can arrange anything you wish - hell give you good recommendations and the hotels he uses are good. I know from experience that he'll make sure you have the best possible trip. I will definitely have Karnal take us around the country the next time we visit Sri Lanka and can highlhy recommend him. Enjoy your holiday.

Linda

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari?

Thanks for the info Linda,we are staying at the Heritance for 8 nights in February.Prior to arriving at the hotel we are doing a 8 day cultural tour,Kandy etc etc.This has all been arranged with Kuoni.Our intention was to chill out at the Heritance but i am now contemplating visiting Yala and staying overnight.Thanks for giving me contact details of your man,i will probably contact him prior to my departure. Dave

Bolton
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safari?

Martin,

When we enquiried with Kuoni about Yala they said the park was closed! Their trips, I noticed, were very expensive, hence the reason we used Karnal (see my post recommending him). If you need his contact number let me know - he was excellent.

Enjoy your visit to the Heritance, hope you have as good a time as we did.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safari?

Hi AP...

From UK, then perhaps the better deal for HA would be with Kuoni, or Red Dot Tours.....

Regards

Dave

8. Re: Safari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2010, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Ahungalla
Recent Conversations