We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medical facilities at Heritance Alungalla

Alresford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
medical facilities at Heritance Alungalla

We are hoping to stay at the Heritance Ahungalla for 16 nights in November 2014. Can you tell me if there is a doctor on call at this hotel and how far is the nearest hospital to the hotel. Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,530 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: medical facilities at Heritance Alungalla

If it's that much of a concern for you, I propose you write and inquire from the hotel about this. There is a base hospital in Balapitiya, few KMs away. There is hardly any traffic on that part of the Galle road.

The big regional hospital is in Karaptiya. There is also a (apparently well equipped) private Hemas hospital in Galle.

The only occasion I required a hotel doctor was years ago at Coral Sands Hikkaduwa. But the manager himself said it's just quicker and easier for me to get it checked out in Colomnbo since it was "just" a sea urchin spike. Things might have changed nowadays. There are online, island-wide doctor booking facilities, telephone consultations and private ambulance services. Good chance that the Heritance has a relatively solid doctor facility.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: medical facilities at Heritance Alungalla

Hi there..

Heritance Ahungalla has a Doctor on call 24/7, and comes into the hotel several days a week on routine visits in case of minor ailments, Bell Boy will go around with his board stating "Doctor In House", yeah i saw that film and TV series too :-).

Nearest hospital a few minutes away as above post has said.., a little basic by UK standards, but ok for not so serious cases..

Regards

Dave

Edited: 24 May 2014, 18:30
Alresford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: medical facilities at Heritance Alungalla

Many thanks for your information. This puts my mind at ease . I have today booked our holiday so looking forward to visiting Sri Lanka again

4. Re: medical facilities at Heritance Alungalla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Ahungalla