We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taiwan

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Topic
taiwan

hi,

we are family of 5 travelling to taiwan from17 to 24 dec, we will arrive taoyuan airport around 1pm anyone know how to get to yilan or hualien from taoyuan airport,

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taiwan

It depends on where you want to go first and what you want to do later.

1 pm is a good arrival time. you can take a bus Taipei Main station and then head for Hualien. by train .Spend the night there, visit Toroko etc the next day and then continue your Travel plan from the evening.

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taiwan

Thanks for the reply, actually we are not sure what to do yet only book the air ticket and hotel stay at taipei from 21 to 24 dec, but from 17 to 21 no idea where . check out the web cingjing seems to be a nice place to visit. any recommedation for minsu / farm stay stay at cingjing and how to get there from taoyuan airport...... thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taiwan

Hi

If u want to go cingjing from airport, need to take a bus to Taoyuan hsr. From there you can go to Taichung hsr. After that can engage a driver from ur minsu to cingjing.

in fact since u got a few days can stay in Taichung and go to some attractions, can see my blog for Taichung & cingjing : www.wretch.cc/blog/sflow00

Rgds

Low

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taiwan

thanks for your advise, do u have any driver to recommend and is it too cold to visit cingjing in mid dec.

Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taiwan

Hi

Recently my Aunty engaged this driver for her Taichung trip - shinshe, cingjing and 溪头:  pat690330@hotmail.com

Quite gd and recommend gd food too.  This driver is a young chap, his car is bigger than toyota car.

Low

singapore
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: taiwan

Hi GabAngela,

Do you have children and if yes, how old are they? You can always book hire a van and bring you around near Taoyuan then to Flying cow ranch at Miaoli. Stay overnight there then take a railway to Hualien. Stay one or two nights at Hualien and visit Taroko. Then take a train to Yilan. Or you can just take a train straight to Hualien. It takes about two hours and 40 mins. Travel by 自強 train. The travelling hours are shorter.

singapore
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: taiwan

GabAngela,

Yes, it is cold up in Cingjing. Please prepare warm clothings.

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: taiwan

Thanks for your response, yes i have 3 kids, 2 older age 19 , 17 and 7.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taiwan

Hi,

My travelling date on 29/02/2012 - 06/03/2012,

May i know what is the weather for Taipei?

Can plan some itinerary for me and my partner?

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taiwan

That should be peak winter period in Taiwan.

Warm clothes definitely need in The mountain areas etc.

Last year many snow days,looks like it will repeat this year as well.

Get answers to your questions about Yilan County