We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend

Natchez, Mississippi
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Weekend

My friend wants to go to Hot Springs for her birthday. There may be between 4-6 of us. I have been looking for a cabin that has a hot tub. Does anyone know if there are any cabins with a hot tub? This is really the one thing we are looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend

You might take a look at Barteemeadow.com

I have not stayed there but it looks interesting.

Natchez, Mississippi
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend

It did look nice, but the hot tub only fits two. We did find one at Mountain Harbor Resort. But thanks for replying. We would like some suggestions on what to do with our time during the day, and what about any night life? Thanks.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Weekend

Mountain Harbor is a nice place. I stayed there last year and enjoyed it. I think you made a good choice. They offer boat rental and you might enjoy taking a cruise on the beautiful, mostly undeveloped lake. They have a spa out there as I am sure you noticed on their website. I have not been inside and have no idea what people do in spas but it sounds nice. In Hot Springs, you might enjoy a visit to Garvans Gardens (nice botannical gardens which in season is quite nice), a tour of the historic Fordyce bath house (be sure to walk on the historic promenade behind the bath houses), visits to art galleries along Central Avenue. For dinner and night time activity, you might center on the 700 block of Central Avenue. My favorite restaurant is Belle Arti, an Italian place with a piano player on Saturday and maybe other nights, and just down from there is the Porterhouse Room, a well thought of steak house. In between and above the two are Lucky's, a casual bar with live music and (upstairs) the Porterhouse Club which is a little more upscale. Capone's and Maxine's have been suggested to me for music and drinks but I have not been in either. These are down the street on Central. Be sure to stop in the Arlington Hotel for a drink in their grand old lobby bar and maybe take in their large Sunday buffet brunch, also with piano music. There are some places out on lake Hamilton but you are getting further away from Mountain Harbor - which by the way, is a bit of a twisty drive from Hot Springs. Make sure you have a safe driver to get you back safely!

Natchez, Mississippi
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Weekend

Thanks for all the tips!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Weekend

I forgot about Oaklawn Park in case you will be there during the Feb-April racing season. It's a fun place with pretty good food. There is a great club on the top floor of the track which would be fun for your group. You have to have a membership I think or be a guest. Let me know if that's of interest and I'll find out more.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Weekend

maybe, go up to the Mountain Tower in Hot Springs National Park. 216 foot observatory with wonderful views. even if you don't go up in the tower, the views from driving up the mountain are very scenic as well. I second Garvan Woodland Gardens. it is beautiful there. very pretty glass cathedral there as well. If in the mood for some competetive fun, there are several putt-putt golf places in town. Also, several places to go horseback riding around Hot Springs. Ride the Ducks tour of town and lake.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls Weekend

garvangardens.org has a bloom calendar you can look at on their website.

Natchez, Mississippi
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls Weekend

Thanks for info on the cathedral; we'll definitely see that. Thanks again for all info.

Natchez, Mississippi
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls Weekend

Jim, I have heard about the races, but I think we'll stick more to the shopping and sight seeing! HeeHee! Thanks too!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls Weekend

Jim,

I noticed your post said it is a twisty drive from Hot Springs to Mountain Harbor. How long does it take to drive from Hot Springs to Mountain Harbor?