We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Springs with kids 5,7,8

Which Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicagoland
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hot Springs with kids 5,7,8

Hi, Passing through Hot Springs on route to Houston and must stay the night. Suggest hotel, cheap but good eats and something to do. THanksLesann

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Springs with kids 5,7,8

Kids that age should really enjoy the Mid-America Science Museum just outside Hot Springs -- one of the first hands-on, interactive science museums. It's now affiliated with the Smithsonian Institution. Lots of cool stuff to play with and learn from. http://www.midamericamuseum.org

If you prefer the amusement park/water park sort of thing, Magic Springs/Crystal Springs is just east of Hot Springs.

chicagoland
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Springs with kids 5,7,8

Thnks for the info on the Museum sounds great. However, when in Houston we are going to NASA and doing a lot of indoor stuff. Trying to consider out door attractions too. We started to consider water parks, but we only have about 4 hours to spend at one. I am checking out Missouri water parks and Arkansas waterparks. I would like it to be a bit smaller and less expensive so the kids dont whine that we have to leave. It is obvious to me that in the future I will have to make a road trip that just covers Missouri, I am from CHicago area and we are (not the kids) tired of Wisconsin. Houston is a necessary visit, we are just trying to plan some fun stuff along the way. Thanks again for everyones ideas.

3. Re: Hot Springs with kids 5,7,8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 08:18