We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Quick Questions

michigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Two Quick Questions

Can someone tell me how far it is from Tunica, Mississippi to Hot Springs? Also, is the Arkansas Alligator Farm an attraction that two old ladies from Michigan would be able to get around in and enjoy?

Thanks!

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Quick Questions

202 miles, 3 hours 40 min.

As for the Alligator Farm, you would be able to get around there easily. I've been twice. The only time I went back a second time is because my niece wanted to feed the animals. That was the most interesting part. For myself, I can think of lots of other things I'd rather do on return trips to H.S. than go to the Alligator Farm. I guess if you really want to feed some animals and are really interested in alligators, you might want to give it a go. Try to go during feeding time for the gators. There is supposed to be an educational talk given at that time.

My favorite place to go is to Garvan Woodland Gardens. www.garvangardens.org It's a great place to see waterfalls and nature. There's always something in bloom here. There are hills. Some bigger than others. However, there is an option to take a golf cart guided tour around the gardens. There's also the Belle of Hot Springs riverboat tour.

AR
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Quick Questions

The Alligator farm is interesting at feeding time as mentioned. You might also like to see the National Park headquarters and info center, the promenade, the Old Bathhouses, the art galleries, the original Mt. Valley Water headquarters/museum, the Arlington Hotel Lobbey Bar, take a boat tour of the Lake Hamilton area, eat at a restaurant on the lake while watching the sun set, tour Garvan Woodland Gardens, go to the gangster museum,visit the Quapaw/Prospect area of restored homes, get a massage and hot bath at one of the operating spas/bathhouses, etc. Hot Springs has a lot of things for visitors to do and since we have a lot of retired people here, everything is accessible.

3. Re: Two Quick Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 07:17