We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chicken restaurant near Oaklawn?

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
chicken restaurant near Oaklawn?

My husband remembers going to a place very close to Oaklawn for friend chicken. He thinks it was a house that was renovated into a restaurant. What is it, and is it still there?

Many thanks!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chicken restaurant near Oaklawn?

It was probably Mrs. Millers (rest in peace). This was further out Central Avenue than Oaklawn but probably what he remembers. It was a legendary place, now closed, which specialized in fried chicken, biscuits, chicken pot pie and waitresses who called you "Hon".

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chicken restaurant near Oaklawn?

thank you very much--he's here, and he says, "Oh, that was it!" Too bad it's gone. That happened to our favorite old family restaurant here in the KC area, too. Any suggestions for another "new" favorite old-time place like that in HS?

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chicken restaurant near Oaklawn?

Hot Springs is such a quirky place. Everyone has their special favorites and others sometimes find those special places not to their liking! Take Pres Clinton for example - McClard's Barbeque is his very favorite but some others write negative reviews. Here are a few places I like: Sunday Brunch at the Arlington Hotel - I have not been in a couple years, but they have long decorated tables with a fun all-you-can-eat buffet. Last time I was there they made omlets to order and even hot donuts to order, plus carving stations, eggs benedict, whole salmons etc etc. They had a piano player that hadn't missed a Sunday since my teen was a baby. I like a place called Central Park Fusion. The chef really knows how to cook - it is American food with an Asian slant. Very good food but strange restaurant building. I also like Bella Arti, an Italian place which some think is not authentic and overpriced. I am no expert so maybe they are right. I like their historic building. If you want a healthy type lunch try Cafe 1217. It's not a health food store or anything, they offer great salads along with much else. Great home-made desserts. Many swear that corned beef sandwiches at Oaklawn Park Race Track are the best thing that town has to offer.

Little Rock...
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
342 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chicken restaurant near Oaklawn?

Whatever you do in Hot Springs don't miss breakfast at The Pancake Shop. I've been eating there for years and have yet to find a better place for breakfast or brunch. http://www.pancakeshop.com/

5. Re: chicken restaurant near Oaklawn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs
Recent Conversations