We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trail rides in hot springs

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
429 reviews
Save Topic
trail rides in hot springs

recommend any one outfit over another? why? help!

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trail rides in hot springs

There are several options there. Have only done the ride with www.panthervalleyranch.com We went several years ago. This was a nose to tail ride in the woods up and down hill. Not really any scenic views to see. The trail guides were friendly and helpful and the horses were ok. They do have a steak dinner ride available. It is located 5 minutes from downtown H.S..

The information and couple reviews I saw from Castleberry led me to believe that it is basically all woods as well, up and down steep hill. Would definitely not do this one if it has rained recently. It is 8 minutes North of H.S..

www.mountainharborridingstable.com has views of Lake Ouachita. Located 20 minutes west of H.S.

degray.com/thingstodo/horseback_riding.aspx Degray Lake Stables has a riding along the lakeshore. Located at Bismarck.

Based on what I saw, if I were to do another horseback trip while staying in Hot Springs, I would go with the one at Degray because of the scenery. If you are interested in kayaking, both state park marinas rent single and double kayaks.

Happy trails.

2. Re: trail rides in hot springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs
Recent Conversations